Reports to: UX/UI Design Manager
As a UX/UI designer you will work with a very energetic team to deliver world class web, mobile and tablet applications using user-centred design and Agile methodologies.
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Strive to explore design principles such as colour, typography, and photographic selection, UI elements, animation and micro-interactions when creating intuitive experiences that service the needs of the customer
- Understanding of user’s behaviour and experience. The ability to demonstrate how your design decisions support the user’s needs and experience principles
- Understanding of how design impacts development; knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible and prudent the ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or User Interface Designer.
- Bachelor's degree in Design / Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of UX principles (research, conceptualization, development, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience conducting or actively participating in usability research and testing
- Able to comfortably communicate and present UX methodologies to stakeholders
- Experience creating / maintaining a design system
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centred design methodologies, usability principles, the ability to provide detailed mock-ups, specifications and style guides
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.