Reports to: UX/UI Design Manager
As a UX/UI designer you will work with a very energetic team to deliver world class web, mobile and tablet applications using User Centred, Agile methodologies.
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Demonstrated experience conducting or actively participating in usability research and testing
- Excellent understanding of UX principles (research, conceptualization, development, etc.)
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Able to comfortably communicate and present UX methodologies to stakeholders
- Experience creating / maintaining a design system
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centred design methodologies, usability principles, the ability to provide detailed mock-ups, specifications and style guides
- Strive to explore design principles such as colour, typography, and photographic selection, UI elements, animation and micro-interactions when creating intuitive experiences that service the needs of the customer.
- An understanding of user’s behaviour and experience. The ability to demonstrate how your design decisions support the user’s needs and experience principles
- Have a solid understanding of how design impacts development; knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible and prudent the ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or User Interface Designer
- Bachelor's degree in Design / Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate design rationale. The ability to run a workshop is a bonus
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from strategy, technology, account, and production
- Perform under the pressure of deadlines
- Experience in responsive and adaptive design approach
- Proficiency in a variety of design and experience tools including but not limited to:
- Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency with mobile and tablet design standards / frameworks (iOS, Android and Windows)
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.