Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
To lead the Trade Sales Team to achieve and exceed the agreed Trade Sales targets across the region through intelligent use of data.
To ensure that the Trade Sales Team continuously seek to acquire new business and establish Cathay in new markets, while proactively negotiating and managing existing Trade partners.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure that high value trade partners are acquired as per agreed targets using a data and insights driven approach to ensure new revenue generation including working with the Business Development team to supply information on pricing, market behaviour, distribution landscape etc.) for analysis
- Maintain oversight to guarantee that sales actions are initiated and followed up in order to obtain sales leads and dynamically seek new business
- Actively assist in transforming the culture from one of relationship-based selling to an insights-driven smarter Sales force
- Ensure that the sales team engage in consultative and insightful selling techniques and services with a primary focus on new business development
- Ensure that a strong focus is present across the geographic region to seek opportunities in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) market including renewals and repeat business
- Assist the team to transform from a relationship selling culture to a data-driven smarter Sales force
- Work closely with the Global Sales team to manage the local and regional relationships for Global Trade Partners including allocating one point of customer contact for the Account Manager portfolio
- Maintain oversight to ensure that the existing portfolio and partners is well serviced to maintain and grow the value (focusing on revenue not necessarily the growth in portfolio size)
- Ensure that appropriate prioritisation allows for focus on the top revenue generating trade partners
- Review the sales visits to business partners are conducted in a way to enhance sales opportunities and facilitate sales including presentations, seminars, providing updates on products and services
- Ensure that corporate sales leads sourced through the Trade Partners are passed on to the Corporate Sales teams in a timely manner in addition to actively seeking to improve the quality of the revenue generated across the region and portfolios
- Oversee the negotiation of discount rates, commissions and contracts to ensure that they are conducted in a timely manner against a background of data to yield the best return on investment
- Be the airline’s ambassador within the portfolio to maintain strong relationships ensuring positive strong brand position
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development to actively manage the cost of sales needed to generate the revenue within the mandated parameters
- Closely monitor the effectiveness of incentive/discount schemes by conducting regular and timely performance reviews in order to maximise available and potential sales opportunities
- Actively promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience in support of trade partner business
- Utilise Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities
- Utilise sales tools including MIDT, DDS and QV to track the performance accounts
- Represent Cathay at industry and networking events
- Any other reasonable task as requested
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Tertiary Education in a directly related sales or marketing field
- Certification in a relevant Sales business field
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- A minimum of seven years recent experience in Sales
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable networking and relationship management skills
- Experience in managing and leading a target driven team to success
- Has a history of achievement in achieving targets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong change management skills
- Respectable level of PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of DDS, MIDT, QV and Sales Force Automation Tool is preferred
- Adaptive to and embraces constant change
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.