Location: Sydney, Australia
Cathay Pacific Airways is a Hong Kong-based airline offering scheduled passenger and cargo services to nearly 200 destinations in Asia, North America, Australia, Europe and Africa.
Cathay Pacific is looking for an energetic and customer-focused Trade Account Manager to be based in our new Sydney office in the Barangaroo precinct. This permanent full-time role reports directly to the Head of Trade Sales – South West Pacific.
The Trade Account Manager’s main focus is to effectively use data to acquire new business and proactively managing existing sales accounts to achieve and exceed Trade Sales targets.
The successful candidate must have the flexibility to proactively anticipate changing priorities and have a hands-on approach to seeking new business opportunities within a busy and mature market.
- Actively initiate and follow up on sales actions, obtain sales leads and seek new business;
- Seek opportunities in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) market including renewals and repeat business;
- Service the existing portfolio to maintain and grow value by making regular sales visits to clients to conduct presentations, seminars and provide product/services updates;
- Negotiate rates, commissions and contracts in a timely manner;
- Closely monitor and analyse the effectiveness of incentive schemes with Trade Partners;
- Represent Cathay Pacific at industry and networking events.
- Must have a valid and current Australian Drivers License;
- Recent sales experience with proven track record of achieving targets;
- Demonstrated networking and relationship management skills;
- Knowledge of MIDT and Sales Force Automation is an advantage;
- Excellent MS Office application skills;
- Exceptional negotiation skills with a solutions based attitude;
- Actively seeks continuous improvement and embraces data driven insights;
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change.
What’s on offer:
- Be part of the Cathay Pacific family and join a dynamic team culture working for one of the world’s Top 10 Global Airlines.
- Explore the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you and your family on Cathay Pacific and many of our interline partners.
- Make the most of your leave and take advantage of travel industry discounts including hotels, tours and car hire.
- Enjoy Health benefits with 50% off private health insurance premiums (company-paid)
- Fly high with career development opportunities to diversify your skills and experience within the Cathay Pacific family.
- Thrive in our fantastic modern open-plan office in Barangaroo, combining harbour views, easy access to public transport (ferry, train and buses) and fabulous harbour-front dining options
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.
Application Deadline: Sunday 20 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.