Reports To: Application manager / Senior Solution Lead
This role is responsible for understanding business needs and driving technology direction and solution delivery within a business domain. In collaboration with key stakeholders, the incumbent should understand how and how well the business is supported by the IT product or applications in your area. You are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of IT product or application with high quality deliverables that are aligned with the business vision and goals by managing a very energetic team using different delivery methodologies.
Lead assigned projects in technical aspect.
- Ensure functional and technical specifications are fully mapped and meeting requirements as well as defined solutions.
- Critically evaluate and analyze requirements gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and leverage project team members to deliver functional and technical specifications.
- Identify and document technical constraints, assumptions and risks associated with requirements
- Ensure provided functional and technical specifications, are managed, accessed and archived across the enterprise aligned within quality, availability, compliance and security requirements
- Document functional specifications and technical specifications utilizing natural language, diagrams and models using techniques such as activity diagrams, use cases, flowcharts, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Ensure compliance and support existing and future Software Development Methodologies
- Support the implementation of the solution
- Carry out level 2 and level 3 incident supports for in-production systems and manage end user expectations.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other IT domains to drive innovation
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in software development technology and practice
- Keep abreast of business domain’s strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends.
- Provide mentoring to system analysts and promote knowledge sharing on analysis practices
- Liaise between SAP consultants and Business SME's to ensure Cathay’s Procurement requirements are met in the implemented SAP Solution which will span Ariba and S4/HANA in conjunction with the Ariba Design Authority
- Ariba S2C, P2P, Integration with SAP S4HANA system on cloud
- The SAP Ariba Consultant will be responsible for the successful delivery of functional and technical components of procurement, strategic sourcing, catalog management, sourcing analytics using SAP Ariba and its components.
- This role will apply functional and technical integration knowledge of SAP Ariba tools, S4H systems and functional procurement/sourcing processes.
- The consultant will implement leading practices within the business planning cycles, including strategic, financial and operational planning.
- The consultant will perform hands-on Ariba design and configuration (reports, input schedules, script logic, allocations, distributions, etc).
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- Knowledge and experience in SDLC and development methodologies
- Ability and experience to work with onshore/off-shore/near-shore teams
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally and in written formats to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations
- Ability to work well with others
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and leadership skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas
- Focus on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive outcomes
- Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well balanced way
- Good understanding of applicable technology concepts, trends and capabilities
- Good business domain and industry knowledge
- A consulting background with airline exposure would be advantageous
- Experience with SAP Ariba Modules will be a huge advantage for any candidate
The functional areas that the roles will cover within SAP Ariba are as follows:
- SAP Ariba Guided Buying
- SAP Ariba Contract Management
- SAP Ariba Sourcing
- Ariba and S4H integration via CGI
- Candidates who have SAP Ariba experience should be able to demonstrate hands on experience and articulate the project scope and team role they played in delivering or supporting that SAP Ariba solution.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons