At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- All Chinese mainland based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
The Solution Architect is responsible for developing and governing fit-for-purpose solution designs that address the business requirements and align to the architecture strategies, roadmaps and standards.
- Drive to develop and analyse solution options based on business demand, enterprise architecture and balanced comparison of functional capabilities, non-functional capabilities, risk, cost and benefits
- Nurture a deep understanding of the solution architecture, translate business process, information entities and systems solutions into accurate, easily understandable architectural diagrams or viewpoints
- Gather, understand and synthesize documentation available from vendors, SMEs, systems, product managers and business analysts to be able to extract right information and transform it into different architectural diagrams or viewpoints
- Cross-team collaboration with application and infrastructure teams on the conceptual designs and solution designs for project delivery. Analyse enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as project-specific requirements to guide solution architecture by leveraging all aspects (e.g. business, information and technology infrastructure) of enterprise architecture.
- Construct and promote application / infrastructure development and deployment standards and guidelines.
- Cross-team collaboration with other Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, developers and key stakeholders to harmonise systems or infrastructure with the enterprise architecture. Drive discussions among Architects and key stakeholders to agree on the solution architecture. Communicate a clear vision of how the technology can be optimally applied to products and services
- Cross-team collaboration with the delivery teams and the technical leads to come up with the technology strategy and for the applications
- Proactively anticipate and act upon issues that arise, provides alternative approaches, optimal solution and continuously improving performance of applications
- Accountable for ensuring solution architecture design work is documented in a structured fashion matching the Cathay IT practice framework. Facilitate sharing of the artefacts to drive reuse.
- Work on prototypes and concepts for new technologies and ideas with little or no guidance
- Drive to support continuous improvement of standard Cathay IT Practices
- Be able to communicate to any IT role using their vocabulary effectively
- Mentor the development team and promote ideas for useful technologies and methodologies
- Keep abreast of latest trends in technology, industry and corresponding business domain
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines
- For a Solution Architect a minimum 7 years of IT experience with at least 4 years hands-on project solution architecture experience
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environment
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity
- Significant practical experience or good understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF
- Advanced expertise in SDLC – Agile and DevOps is beneficial
- Must be well organized, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Airline knowledge is beneficial
- Experience on managing integrated solutions with applications between mainland China and overseas is an advantage
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.