Location: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
Reports to: Senior Solution Lead / Solution Lead
Department: Information Technology (IMT)
This role is responsible for ensuring requirements are mapped and documented to functional and technical specifications for software development projects and enhancements through working with various internal and external stakeholders and leveraging external and internal resources to deliver quality and working software application(s) that is aligned with business vision and goal in the delivered software application.
- Work with key resources including business units. IM and vendors to conceptualise and derive solution approaches
- Drive and challenge the business units on their assumptions and justifications of how they will realistically execute the business plans and realize the benefits
- Elicit business requirements or product backlog user stories using essential techniques such as interviews, workshops, use cases and workflow analysis
- Analyse workflow and tasks to generate business process documentation which describes the business framework, business rules and role category
- Participate in Scrum activities as Subject Matter Expert to identify and understand business processes, available technology solutions and their configuration and management to provide seamless, integrated solutions
- Prepare and support business case
- Maintain regular and timely communications with project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle to ensure risks/issues are addressed and impacts are escalated
- Keep abreast of the corporate technology and tools, business strategy and plans
- As one of the key team members in product vertical team to
- analyse requirements and assess detailed solutions options from a system perspective
- support solution design and contribute expertise and detailed knowledge to ensure high level design decisions be able to deliver.
- ensure requirements, technical details and solutions are documented into the knowledge portal for software development projects and support.
- carry out application development and coach the vendors on development and implementation work.
- oversee and QA the development of all solution components ensuring this meets requirements and complies with all relevant Cathay Pacific standards.
- Carry out level 2 and level 3 incident supports for in-production systems and manage end user expectations.
- Contribute and follow standards and frameworks for development.
- Collaborate with other IM domains to drive innovation.
- Keep abreast of the business strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends
- A minimum of 6 years of IT experience with at least 3 years in Application Development.
- Tertiary qualifications are essential.
- Good attitude with strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas.
- Proven experience in working with both waterfall and agile development process
- Proven experience in applying Software Engineering best practices and techniques such as structured analysis, use cases and formal estimation.
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally and in written formats to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations.
- Focus on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour.
- Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive collective outcomes.
- Solid experience in implementing the secure e-commerce high transaction volume application at enterprise scale and traffic. A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Solid experience in systems analysis and software development, with sound knowledge and experience in some of the below areas:
- Front-end framework, responsive web design and scripts such as HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AngularJS and ReactJS, Websockets and JSON.
- Secure, robust and high transaction volume web development with Spring boot, J2EE, Node.JS, Adobe Experience Manager, web accessibility and Search Engine Optimization
- API and micro-services development
- Open Source Technology and its managed cloud services such as Java, MySQL, Redis and MongoDB.
- Implementation and operation of reference architecture, resources and services on Public Clouds.
- Docker configuration of Tomcat Application Server, Adobe Experience Manager.
- CI/CD and monitoring tools (e.g Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform and AppDynamics).
- Knowledge on database design and ETL tools.
- Technical diagram drawing tools to facilitate discussion among the team
- Knowledge and experience of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development. Good understanding of technology concepts, trends and capabilities.
- Passion with new technologies and as a fast learner in picking up business and technical knowledge.
- Relevant business domain experience in Airlines and B2C.
- Occasional non-office hour work will be required for application support and release.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered as Solution Specialist.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 8 November 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.