Reports to: Solution Lead / Senior Solution Lead
Department: Information Technology (IMT)
To ensure requirements are mapped and documented to functional and technical specifications for software development of complex and cross-departmental / cross domains projects / programmes through working with various internal and external stakeholders and leveraging external and internal resources to deliver quality and working software application(s) that is aligned with business vision and goal in the delivered software application.
- Lead assigned projects in technical aspect and support detailed design data modelling, Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) data integration and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting and presentation; as well as perform data discovery and metadata management with use of data registry tool
- Ensure functional and technical specifications are fully mapped and meeting requirements as well as defined solutions.
- Critically evaluate and analyze requirements gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and leverage project team members to deliver functional and technical specifications.
- Identify and document technical constraints, assumptions and risks associated with requirements
- Ensure provided functional and technical specifications, are managed, accessed and archived across the enterprise aligned within quality, availability, compliance and security requirements
- Document functional specifications and technical specifications utilizing natural language, diagrams and models using techniques such as activity diagrams, use cases, flowcharts, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Oversee and QA the development of all solution components ensuring this meets business requirements and complies with all relevant Cathay Pacific standards
- Ensure compliance and support existing and future Software Development Methodologies
- Support the implementation of the solution
- Carry out level 2 and level 3 incident supports for in-production systems and manage end user expectations.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other IT domains to drive innovation
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in software development technology and practice
- Keep abreast of business domain’s strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends.
- Provide mentoring to system analysts and promote knowledge sharing on analysis practices
- 6 years of IT experience with at least 3 years hands-on implementation experience in data integration solution (candidate with less years of experience will be considered for junior position with training provided)
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- Knowledge and experience in SDLC and development methodologies
- Strong knowledge in application development methodologies, data integration analysis and design, database concepts and competence in SQL (prefereably Oracle PL/SQL)
- Essential to have understanding and experience with dimensional modelling concepts (star schema, slowly changing dimensions etc.)
- Experience with tools and technologies (data modelling, data integration/ETL, reporting, metadata management, data quality management, data mining, corporate performance management etc.), particularly by using INFORMATICA tools and technologies, Data Quality management and Managed Files Transfer
- Strong understanding of data model and database structure to be able to perform data discovery from existing production systems
- Experience in metadata management tool and data governance is beneficial
- Experience with Qlikview and/or Cognos is preferred
- Ability and experience to work with onshore/off-shore/near-shore teams
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally and in written formats to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations
- Ability to work well with others
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and leadership skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas
- Focus on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive outcomes
- Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way
- Good understanding of applicable technology concepts, trends and capabilities
- Good business domain and industry knowledge
Application deadline: 21 Jannuary 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.