Reports To: Solution Lead / Senior Solution Lead
To ensure requirements are mapped and documented to functional and technical specifications for software development projects and enhancements through working with various internal and external stakeholders and leveraging external and internal resources to deliver quality and working software application(s) that is aligned with business vision and goal in the delivered software application.
- Analyse requirements and assess detailed solutions options from a system perspective
- Support solution design and contribute expertise and detailed knowledge to ensure high level design decisions are able to be delivered
- Full conversion, creation, alignment, traceability and successful mapping requirements into functional, technical and interface specifications for software development projects
- Contribute expertise in supporting the development of technical specification
- Carry out level 2 and level 3 incident supports for in-production systems and manage end user expectations.
- Manage Application Development vendors on development and implementation work
- Oversee and QA the development of all solution components ensuring this meets requirements and complies with all relevant Cathay Pacific standards
- Contribute and follow standards and frameworks for development
- Collaborate with other IT domains to drive innovation
- Keep abreast of the business strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends.
- Minimum of 6 years of IT experience with at least 3 years in Software Development
- Tertiary qualifications are essential
- Proven experience in applying Software Engineering best practices and techniques such as structured analysis, use cases and formal estimation.
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally and in written formats to a broad range of audiences as well as to ask probing questions and deliver convincing presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics with internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas
- Focus on the end user’s or customer’s needs.
- Solid experience in systems analysis and software development.
- Knowledge on data warehouse, ETL tools
- Good understanding of current technology concepts, trends and capabilities
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons