Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based airline operating a fleet of 42 passenger aircraft and serving 53 regional destinations, including 23 cities in Mainland China. Cathay Dragon has been recognized for its product and service quality, and was named as Skytrax 'World's Best Regional Airline' for fourth time. Cathay Dragon is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, providing seamless connectivity for passengers to more than 200 cities around the globe.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FASCO/ FESCO
To protect and promote the brand reputation of the Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon across all media platforms (traditional, digital, and social).
To perform and ensure region/local communication materials align with corporate affairs strategy and execution.
To ensure fast and professional response and customer engagement through Social Media and associated Public Relations activities as well as organising social media campaigns to promote the Airlines’ image, support fare promotions, network promotions, and other campaign and direct sales initiatives.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure all social media content is on brand
- Improve awareness and influence of the Company’s brand as well as generate sales conversion by leveraging social media platforms
- Lead and manage the appointed social media agency to ensure quality outputs, achieving outstanding social media presence, fan base development and active engagement on the Company’s SNS platforms i.e. WeChat, Weibo, etc.
- Be connected with the latest trends trends/technology/best practices in social media spheres to keep improving and optimising social marketing performance and effectiveness
- Explore possible new channels, platforms and approaches for social marketing to ensure the Company is an early adopter in the digital marketplace
- Ensure that all locally produced social media content is of superior quality, is on brand, and aligns with Head Office direction
- Plan, develop and execute local insights driven social media content in the region
- Adapt global social media content for local use in the region
- Update and maintain the regional social media content calendar and share with Head Office
- Create regional social media content strategy and define success criteria for the region based on local business needs and aligning Head Office social media strategies
- Work with agency or platforms on understanding local sentiment and verbatims about Cathay and competitors over social media in the region
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Plan and execute local Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives based on Head Office in key selected markets
- Manage the annual Social Media budget allocated to the region in an effective manner
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree holder or equivalent in a related business field
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Minimum three years' experience in a Public Relations or (preferably) a Social Media enterprise
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Good media relationship and understanding of the story needs local media
- Thorough understanding on social media landscape with local market insights
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, ensuring speed to market whilst maintaining quality of work
- Capable of working outside of office hours in response to urgent Corporate Affairs matters
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Communications style is naturally aligned with Cathay Pacific's style
- Organisational Understanding
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.