Reports to: Head of Simulator
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will responsible for engineering support activities to uphold the high standard of Flight Training Device (FTD) reliability, serviceability and fidelity.
- Oversee of the Simulator Systems Engineers to ensure that engineering projects and support activities are adequately resourced, properly and efficiently executed.
- Oversee of the Simulator Quality Assurance Engineer in coordinating the collection of QTG and other regulatory required documentation records, their analysis and presentation to HKCAD and other regulatory authorities for evaluation, and to resolve any discrepancies discovered.
- Oversee of the Simulator Quality Assurance Engineer in developing and implementing proper training device software configuration control, backup and restore processes to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with and assist the Simulator Maintenance Manager in ensuring that Simulator Maintenance staffing, training, resourcing, methods and processes are adequately defined and executed.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and ensure that the training devices operated by the Company and third-party customers are operational and maintained to regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and monitor of actions to resolve issues recorded during Regulatory checks of training devices.
- Oversee of the Simulator Engineering Trainee mentorship and training program.
- Analyse, evaluate and make recommendations for training device and section operational development plans and projects.
- Plan and control of training device development, update/revision implementation, assigning and monitoring of job cards and change requests.
- Coordination with training device manufacturers for equipment acquisitions and updates, and carry out the purchaser’s workshare as applicable.
- Initiate, evaluate, plan and monitor Engineering projects to uphold or improve training device reliability, fidelity and functionality
- Prepare specifications, obtain quotations, and manage the implementation of projects to be completed by outside vendors, and coordinate with and assist the Simulator Maintenance Manager in similar efforts.
- Act as the owner of engineering related job cards and be responsible for their completion and quality.
- Assist Head of Simulator (HOS) in the specification, acquisition and acceptance of new training devices.
- Assist HOS in staff management and development.
- Other tasks and assignments as may be required by HOS.
- Degree holder in Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' of relevant engineering experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of the various technologies and equipment employed in flight training device operations.
- Familiarity with the methods and products of various training device manufacturers.
- Fluent command of written and spoken English, able to communicate internally and externally at different organizational levels.
- Strong commercial and cost awareness and customer service mind-set.
- Self-motivation and demonstrable strength in all Cathay corporate competencies.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.