At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese Mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
- To lead the Trade Sales Team to achieve and exceed the agreed Trade Sales targets across the region through intelligent use of data.
- To ensure that the Trade Sales Team continuously seek to acquire new business and establish Cathay in new markets, while proactively negotiating and managing existing Trade partners.
- Ensure that high value trade partners are acquired as per agreed targets using a data and insights driven approach to ensure new revenue generation;
- Maintain oversight to guarantee that sales actions are initiated and followed up in order to obtain sales leads and dynamically seek new business;
- Actively assist in transforming the culture from one of relationship-based selling to an insights-driven smarter Sales force;
- Ensure that the sales team engage in consultative and insightful selling techniques and services with a primary focus on new business development;
- Ensure that a strong focus is present across the geographic region to seek opportunities in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) market including renewals and repeat.
- Assist the team to transform from a relationship selling culture to a data-driven smarter Sales force;
- Work closely with the Global Sales team to manage the local and regional relationships for Global Trade Partners;
- Maintain oversight to ensure that the existing portfolio and partners is well serviced to maintain and grow the value;
- Ensure that appropriate prioritization allows for focus on the top revenue generating trade partners;
- Review the sales visits to business partners are conducted in a way to enhance sales opportunities and facilitate sales;
- Ensure that corporate sales leads sourced through the Trade Partners are passed on to the Corporate Sales teams in a timely manner;
- Oversee the negotiation of discount rates, commissions and contracts to ensure that they are conducted in a timely manner;
- Be the airline’s ambassador within the portfolio to maintain strong relationships ensuring positive strong brand position.
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development to actively manage the cost of sales needed to generate the revenue within the mandated parameters;
- Closely monitor the effectiveness of incentive/discount schemes by conducting regular and timely performance reviews in order to maximize available and potential sales opportunities;
- Actively promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience in support of trade partner business;
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities;
- Utilize sales tools including MIDT, DDS and QV to track the performance accounts;
- Represent Cathay at industry and networking events;
- Any other reasonable task as requested.
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success;
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organizational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork;
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration;
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values;
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development;
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance;
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals;
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise.
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor degree in a directly related sales or marketing field;
- Certification in a relevant Sales business field.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- A minimum of seven years recent experience in Sales;
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable networking and relationship management skills;
- Experience in managing and leading a target driven team to success;
- Has a history of achievement in achieving targets;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong change management skills;
- Respectable level of PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of DDS, MIDT, QV and Sales Force Automation Tool is preferred.
- The working place could be considered in Shenzhen subject to the final selected talent.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.