Reports to: Technical Services Manager (Structures)
The job holder is responsible for ensuring that Cathay Pacific (CX) and Air Hong Kong (LD) operations are provided with safe, compliant and reliable airframe and nacelle structures in a cost effective way. The job holder is accountable for the technical and operational reliability performance and maintenance cost accountability for all aircraft airframe and nacelle structures.
- Conduct AD and mandatory document assessment and implement compliance mechanism.
- Ensure MPD/AMS administration, technical content validation and effectiveness evaluation.
- Review and support action of Service bulletins and other OEM documentation, TFU, SIL etc.
- Develop nacelle off-wing work scope
- Provide 7-day structures support for Base or Line maintenance Aircraft On Ground (AOG).
- Ensure significant defect management to minimise operational disruption.
- Oversee structures reliability by identifying key drivers and emerging issues and mitigating them.
- Manage structures investigations, including ASR, MOR, QDR, etc and introduce mitigation and long term resolution.
- Ensure structures and nacelle OEM and vendor management of performance, reliability and cost drivers.
- Be aware of world fleet reliability issues through OEM documentation process management.
- Oversee and optimise structures-related maintenance cost.
- Provide Technical support to INV and APD on structures and nacelle cost and contract management.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Engineering role.
- Degree in Engineering or aerospace discipline or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Holder of (or capable of obtaining) Design Engineer (DE) position in an HKAR-21 subpart J Design Organisation.
- Aviation engineering knowledge, preferably in aircraft structural or mechanical discipline.
- Good business acumen in engineering and maintenance.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.