Report to: Technical Services Manager (Avionics and eOperations)
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The job holder will report to the Technical Services Manager (Avionics and eOperations), who is the duty holder of ensuring that Cathay Pacific (CX) is provided with safe, compliant and reliable aircraft, systems and components in a cost effective way. The job holder is accountable for the technical operational reliability performance and maintenance cost accountability for all CX Group fleets.
- Provide 7-day technical support for Base or Line maintenance Aircraft On Ground (AOG) or critical technical issues.
- Manage significant and repetitive defects management to minimise operational disruption.
- Oversee operational reliability to identify and mitigate emerging technical issues.
- Support Technical Services teams for longer term reliability management.
- Oversee deferred defect levels and manage outsourced defect management functions to ensure service levels and targets are met.
- Manage operational reliability key drivers.
- Manage technical investigations and implement corrective actions, including ASR, MOR, QDR, etc.
- Responsible for fleet OEM and vendor performance management, reliability and cost drivers.
- Review and support action of Service Bulletins and other OEM advisory documentation.
- Be aware of world fleet reliability issues through OEM documentation process management.
- Oversee and optimise maintenance cost
- Minimum 6.5 years' experience in Engineering role.
- Degree in Engineering, Aerospace or Information Technology discipline or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Reasonable aviation engineering knowledge and experience, preferably of Airbus or Boeing aircraft.
- Reasonable supplier management experience
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline: 19 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.