Reports to: Application Manager
Department: Information Technology
This role is responsible for understanding business needs and driving technology direction and solution delivery within a business domain.
The Senior Solution Lead, in collaboration with key stakeholders, should understand how and how well the business is supported by the IT product or applications in your area. You are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of IT product or application with high quality deliverables that are aligned with the business vision and goals by managing a very energetic team using different delivery methodologies.
- Lead the solution delivery and assigned projects in technical aspect
- Work with key resources including business units. IM and vendors to conceptualise and derive solution approaches
- Drive and challenge the business units on their assumptions and justifications of how they will realistically execute the business plans and realize the benefits
- Elicit business requirements or product backlog user stories using essential techniques such as interviews, workshops, use cases and workflow analysis
- Analyse workflow and tasks to generate business process documentation which describes the business framework, business rules and role category
- Prepare and support business case
- Maintain regular and timely communications with project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle to ensure risks/issues are addressed and impacts are escalated
- Keep abreast of the corporate technology and tools, business strategy and plans
- As one of the key team members in product vertical team to
- analyse requirements and assess detailed solutions options from a system perspective
- support solution design and contribute expertise and detailed knowledge to ensure high level design decisions be able to deliver.
- ensure requirements, technical details and solutions are documented into the knowledge portal for software development projects and support.
- carry out application development and coach the team members and vendors on development and implementation work.
- oversee and QA the development of all solution components ensuring this meets requirements and complies with all relevant Cathay Pacific standards.
- Carry out level 2 and level 3 incident supports for in-production systems and manage end user expectations.
- Contribute and follow standards and frameworks for development.
- Collaborate with other IM domains to drive innovation.
- Keep abreast of the business strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends.
- Contribute to team resource planning
- Manage external 3rd parties as required
- Keep abreast of latest trends in technology, industry and corresponding business domain
- Provides direction and mentorship to less experienced people
- Directly manage one or more Solution Analysts
- Perform the role of surrogate Product Owner / BU SME (generally Senior)
- Coach Solution Analysts on any aspect of their role
- Act as an IT practice champion or be an Agile coach if require
- A minimum of 10 years of IT experience with at least 6 years in Application Delivery.
- Tertiary qualifications are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics with various stakeholders.
- Proven experience in working with both waterfall and agile development process
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas.
- Proven experience in applying Software Engineering best practices and techniques such as structured analysis, use cases and formal estimation. Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally and in written formats to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations.
- Focus on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour.
- Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive collective outcomes.
- Solid experience in implementing the secure e-commerce high transaction volume application at enterprise scale and traffic. A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Solid experience in systems analysis and software development, with sound knowledge and experience in some of the below areas:
- Front-end framework, responsive web design and scripts such as HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AngularJS and ReactJS, Websockets and JSON.
- Secure, robust and high transaction volume web development with Spring boot, J2EE, Node.JS, Adobe Experience Manager, web accessibility and Search Engine Optimization
- API and micro-services development
- Open Source Technology and its managed cloud services such as Java, MySQL, Redis and MongoDB.
- Implementation and operation of reference architecture, resources and services on Public Clouds.
- Docker configuration of Tomcat Application Server, Adobe Experience Manager.
- CI/CD and monitoring tools (e.g Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform and AppDynamics).
- Knowledge on database design and ETL tools.
- Knowledge and experience of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development. Good understanding of technology concepts, trends and capabilities.
- Passion with new technologies.
- Relevant business domain experience in Airlines and B2C.
- Occasional non-office hour work will be required for application support and release.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognizing Others
Application deadline: 7 February 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.