To continually drive and lead improvement opportunities on IT team’s Operational processes and performance, then evolve and develop solutions that are aligned to customer centric business needs.
- To drive improvement of service quality and effectiveness of IT teams
- To provide IT teams with the tools, process and people training required to focus on Customer Satisfaction while improving in IT Service Management principles
- To prioritize and implement collaborative improvement initiatives across teams, based on cost vs value benefits. These improvement initiatives can be, and not limited to:
- Tactical remediation to reduce immediate risks
- Tactical improvement initiatives to improve service quality
- Driving IT Policy review and uplift
- Driving to a solution for automation of regular tasks to reduce workload
- User experience related performance analysis
- Ad-hoc Project Management
- Ownership of Service Transition processes and control:
- Work with project stakeholders across IT to ensure required delivery change documentation is published to expected quality standards
- Work with project stakeholders across IT to ensure required knowledge transfer and support models are communicated with IT Service centre prior to project go live
- Act as gatekeeper ensuring all operational and non functional requirements are met prior to project go live
- Identify, influence and lead the implementation of best practice service transition initiatives to improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of service transition function
- Ownership of IT Policies & Framework, IT Service Management Audit, IT controls review:
- Work with IT teams to ensure that IT Policies framework is being followed, ensure that the appropriate artifacts are up to date, regularly reviewed with appropriate sign offs
- Ensure that the IT policies framework is relevant in the current IT environment, identify and drive implementation of missing policies, processes, standards and controls.
- Perform IT service management audits to ensure IT teams are achieving appropriate service quality levels and effectiveness
- Objectively assess IT processes, controls and standards, to identify shortfall or gaps
- Evaluate internal controls and make recommendations on improvements
- Tertiary qualifications are essential
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in IT Service Management areas, especially in ITSM core functions such as incident, change, problem, service improvement. Business Process transformation experience would be a plus
- Delivery awareness of SDLC and PDLC practices.
- Candidate with experience/background in auditing would be an advantage
- Deep functional knowledge and experience with ITSM processes and standards
- Strong general knowledge and practical experience of; ISO/IEC 20000, ITIL Service Transition and Operations principles
- Knowledge of the following disciplines: service quality management, application and infrastructure management
- Ability to train and upskill junior members of the team and ability to lead the team