Reports to: Service Improvement Manager
To continually drive and lead improvement opportunities on IT team’s Operational processes and performance, then evolve and develop solutions that are aligned to customer centric business needs.
- To drive improvement of service quality and effectiveness of IT teams
- To provide IT teams with the tools, process and people training required to focus on Customer Satisfaction while improving in IT Service Management principles
- To prioritize and implement collaborative improvement initiatives across teams, based on cost vs value benefits. These improvement initiatives can be, and not limited to:
- Tactical remediation to reduce immediate risks
- Tactical improvement initiatives to improve service quality
- Driving IT Policy review and uplift
- Driving to a solution for automation of regular tasks to reduce workload
- User experience related performance analysis
- Ad-hoc Project Management
- Ownership of Service Transition processes and control:
- Work with project stakeholders across IT to ensure required delivery change documentation is published to expected quality standards
- Work with project stakeholders across IT to ensure required knowledge transfer and support models are communicated with IT Service centre prior to project go live
- Act as gatekeeper ensuring all operational and non functional requirements are met prior to project go live
- Identify, influence and lead the implementation of best practice service transition initiatives to improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of service transition function
- Ownership of IT Policies & Framework, IT Service Management Audit, IT controls review:
- Work with IT teams to ensure that IT Policies framework is being followed, ensure that the appropriate artifacts are up to date, regularly reviewed with appropriate sign offs
- Ensure that the IT policies framework is relevant in the current IT environment, identify and drive implementation of missing policies, processes, standards and controls.
- Perform IT service management audits to ensure IT teams are achieving appropriate service quality levels and effectiveness
- Objectively assess IT processes, controls and standards, to identify shortfall or gaps
- Evaluate internal controls and make recommendations on improvements
- Tertiary qualifications are essential
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in IT Service Management areas, especially in ITSM core functions such as incident, change, problem, service improvement. Business Process transformation experience would be a plus
- Delivery awareness of SDLC and PDLC practices.
- Candidate with experience/background in auditing would be an advantage
- Deep functional knowledge and experience with ITSM processes and standards
- Strong general knowledge and practical experience of; ISO/IEC 20000, ITIL Service Transition and Operations principles
- Knowledge of the following disciplines: service quality management, application and infrastructure management
- Ability to train and upskill junior members of the team and ability to lead the team
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.