Reports to: Quality Manager Engineering
Department: Engineering (ENG)
As a Senior Engineer you will be assigned to the engineering compliance team to manage audit programme and conduct required audit at line station, maintenance organization and service providers. In addition, your manager will assign duties to align with your Section Responsibilities detailed below
Section Role Summary / Purpose
Note: for the purposes of this document, ‘CX’ A/C or fleet may extend to KA or AHK. Duties will vary dependent upon which team the selected candidate is allocated.
- Liaise with authorities on related quality, safety and compliance matters
- Liaise with HKCAD and CX FOP on avionics related Ops Approval.
- Conduct audits for Engineering, Line Stations, third party contractors specialized audits such as IFQP, De-icing as required
- Provide QA support for local and overseas heavy maintenance inputs, perform aircraft hangar / ramp surveillance as required
- Provide QA support for store inspection process as required, supervise subcontractor / vendor Assessment, lease engine AN16 process as required
- Perform assignments / projects as requested by team leader / manager
- Overseas travel as required to conduct audit under audit programme
- If the successful candidate is not meeting the minimum requirements, he/she may be offered the position Airworthiness Compliance Engineer
Key functions includes management and development of the audit program in engineering department, third party contractors in accordance with CAD 360 Part 2 and 145 requirements, preparation, facilitation and response to audits by Cathay Dragon / Air HongKong as well as various airworthiness authorities. Other equally important functions include management the Certificate of Airworthiness issuing, renewal and the CMR process; line station setup and application to CAD, as well as oversight the airworthiness compliance of the company aircrafts.
- Monitor regulatory changes and work with the relevant Engineering sections to ensure manuals are updated accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining a scorecard showing our level of compliance to airworthiness requirements (including the performance of suppliers).
- Review and provide recommendation for issue of personnel authorisations/licenses, variations to approved data, and Technical Training School courses. This includes conducting Company Procedures Interviews.
- Monitoring issue of new mandatory requirements (AN(HK)O, AN, SIB, CMP, AD’s, ALS revisions, etc) and ensure this is routed to the relevant sections within Engineering. Drive and monitor follow-up actions to ensure compliance timelines are met.
- Review submitted data and provide recommendation for the (re-)issue of C of A (HKCAR-181/183 role). Ensure that all required aircraft documentation is up-to-date and available to maintain C of A.
- Drive follow-up in-service airworthiness and compliance issues to resolution.
- Oversight of engineering Airworthiness Directives, CMP, AN, Network Security Handbook assessment.
- Collate, review and submit justification to regulatory authorities for variations, or waivers to regulatory requirements or approved data.
- Raise awareness within Engineering of airworthiness issues via QN’s or similar documents.
- Manage the SAFA feedback.
- Minimum 6.5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in quality system
- Aircraft Maintenance License (B1 or B2) or Degree in Engineering / Aerospace or related discipline
- Previous experience on any of the following aircraft types operate by CX/AHK would be an advantage
- Previous Quality Assurance experiences would be an advantage
- Good written and oral skills in English is essential. Mandarin will be advantageous
- Good project management skills and capable of working across departments / sections to drive for process improvement
- Good understanding of HKCAD/EASA requirement
- Knowledge on aircraft certification would be an advantage
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and work at overseas maintenance facilities
- Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 2 March 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.