Reports to: Maintenance Control Manager
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The position is responsible for overseeing Cathay Pacific (CX)/ Cathay Dragon (KA)/ Air Hong Kong (AHK) global operation to ensure safe compliant aircraft are available to meet the CX operational schedule. The job holder needs to manage Aircraft on ground (AOG) support and aircraft recovery globally and drive continuous improvement. The job holder is responsible for On-time Performance (OTP) from a Maintenance Operations perspective. The job holder will oversee the transit operation across the network and respond to situation to provide technical justification of the aircraft serviceability. He/she will be required to work on roster.
- Ensure aircraft transits On-time Performance (OTP) are being met.
- Actively monitor aircraft defect alert and oversee MROs and line stations for proper troubleshooting and rectification to minimise technical delays and Aircraft on ground (AOGs).
- Communicate with both internal departments, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and MROs for fixes to issues affecting safety, reliably and delays in operation.
- Manage AOG recovery events worldwide, including requirement for Base Maintenance support, through outport Engineering Managers, by tracking milestones and to ensure timely AOG recovery.
- Explore options to execute the most sensible solutions to recover aircraft by considering operation requirements and costs.
- Build and manage effective relationships with major MROs and Airlines to enable resource access in the network.
- Drive MROs to devote adequate manpower and other resources to ensure efficient AOG recovery by reducing idle time to a minimum.
- Drive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Engineering operational teams to deliver quality technical support services.
- Review the major AOG events and drive business units to ensure lesson learned is captured and mitigation actions are in place.
- Minimum 6.5 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in managing maintenance control operation.
- Holding HKAR 66 license with appropriate type approval or equivalent.
- A good team player with cross functional teams from different sections and departments.
- Proven ability to manage across departments and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills with service providers and customers.
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills to drive for excellence and quality performance.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrate ability to drive change and improvement.
- Self-motivated and committed to drive for continuous improvement.
- Current Hong Kong drivers license or proven ability to convert foreign driving license.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline: 26 February 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.