Reports to: Line Maintenance Operations Manager
Department: HKG Maintenance Operations
Senior Light Maintenance Operations (LMO) Engineer directly reports to Line Maintenance Operations (LM Ops) Manager. LMO team key objective is to ensure the HKG MROs deliver safe and compliant aircraft from light maintenance area in an efficient manner to meet the airlines’ business and operational needs, and these include excellent on-time performance (OTP), best utilization of maintenance ground time, exceptional aircraft reliability, world-class cabin and cost effective.
There are 3 sub-teams under LM Ops Manager, Light Maintenance Operations, Line Services Operations and Transit surveillance. All sub-teams are responsible to monitor the execution of maintenance in Hong Kong line environment to ensure maintenance is carried out in a well-prepared manner and following the production plan. In case of exceptions such as AOG and defect findings, LM Ops team is required to coordinate with CX and MRO to ensure prompt recovery plan in place and all required resources are ready. LM Ops team is also required to ensure robust risk mitigation in place for those high-risk maintenance that jeopardizing OTP.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure robust check preparation and risk mitigation in place for all planned light maintenance inputs in Hong Kong.
- Monitor the light maintenance activities to ensure the check is carried out per pre-agreed production plan and ground time, checks are conducted following the best industry practice and meeting the maintenance intent.
- Manage exception arise from the inputs that potentially jeopardize the airlines’ operations. Proactively manage and coordinate the recovery with internal and external parties such as CX ENG, MRO and OEM.
- Manage AOG aircraft assigned to the team, coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure prompt recovery to minimize or eliminate the impact towards the airlines’ frontline operations and revenue passengers.
- Promptly communicate with CX Operations Control Centre for advance revenue schedule backup planning in case foreseen recovery will take longer ground time.
- Coordinate maintenance prioritization in case of resources constraint.
- Review and agree with MRO maintenance ground time requirements.
- Review and vet non-routine card manhour charge.
- Support and conduct manhour benchmarking whenever deemed necessary.
- Recommend mitigation to enhance maintenance progress smoothness and speedy recovery in case of defects found, and ensure its implementation.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of light maintenance.
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal and external working partners.
- Proactively understand the airlines’ operational priorities and work towards the priorities.
Experience, Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years experience in aircraft maintenance, engineering planning or any other related functions.
- Degree holder in engineering or aerospace discipline, or a licensed engineer. Other compatible qualification or experience may be considered.
- Good understanding of Cathay Pacific Airways engineering values and drivers towards airlines’ purpose and priorities.
- Sound knowledge in MRO frontline operations, both technical and maintenance planning process.
- Good planning and problem-solving skills.
- Good in communication & negotiation to all levels internally and externally.
- Strong drive for excellence.
- Willing to work on shift in MROs’ facilities.
- With driving license.
- Analysing and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Good interpersonal skill
Application deadline: 8 February 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.