Let your passion fly! We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart.
All of this is possible due to our talented people who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best. Our global family can open up a world of opportunities for you. This means that your first role at Cathay Pacific won’t be your last. It could take you anywhere.
Join us and discover just how far you can go!
To lead and supervise a team of Aircraft Technicians / Aircraft Mechanics in performing operational functions ensuring delivery of a safe and exceptionally reliable travel experience that supports our brand and business.
To deliver the highest levels of safety, compliance and service delivery by stringent oversight and management of third party suppliers.
- Working on a shift basis, supervise and certify routine and non-routine maintenance for Cathay Group aircraft in accordance with the HKAR-145 and company requirements
- Working on a shift basis, supervise and certify routine and non-routine maintenance for third party customer aircraft (if applicable) in accordance with the appropriate national authority and customer requirements
- Perform local or overseas operational relief duties or the duties of an Aircraft Technician / Aircraft Mechanic / Senior Mechanic as required and in accordance with the relevant Job Description
- Oversee and monitor third party supplier performance (technical, ramp services, de-icing, refueling etc), follow up and rectify any operational issues in a timely manner
- Execute the contingency plans and support ad hoc operational requirements such as diversions, charters, ad hoc aircraft type changes, major disruption recovery, etc.
- Ensure the availability, serviceability and cleanliness of station ground equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Coordinate and support Cathay Quality Assurance, Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department, third party audits, follow up audit findings and implement mitigations to prevent re-occurrence
- Perform station administration and ensure station documentations / passes are up-to-date and valid
- Ensure the team is compliance with local Occupational Health & Safety standards and regulations / guidelines
- Deputise as Assistant Engineering Manager when they are absent and assume the full responsibility as detailed in the relevant Job Description
- Any other reasonable task as requested including non-operational duties and projects
- Manage employee rosters and leave plans to optimise manpower utilisation and meet all operational requirements
- Embrace a continuous improvement culture through quality innovation, teamwork, and lean processes to drive operational efficiency, productivity and commercial improvement
People Development, Performance Management and Manpower Accountabilities
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring positive team spirit and to facilitate teamwork
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Ensure that the necessary technical and management training is provided to enable employees to perform their allocated functions including providing local refresher training as required
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Taiwan Permanent Resident or Taiwan Employment Gold Card holder
- Current Taiwan Permanent employee with Taiwan ID
- HKAR-66 B1 or B2* license, or any equivalent license acceptable in HKAR-2
- Minimum of 1 current aircraft type authorisation, preferably on the type operated by Cathay and level 3 trained
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAT B certifier
- Strong operation knowledge of aircraft maintenance and ground handling activities
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department airworthiness regulations
- Good business awareness
- Good communication skills
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.