Reports to: Components and Powerplants Manager
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The Senior Inventory Controller is responsible for supporting the Inventory Lead to effectively manage rotable and repairable components, APU and powerplants required by the operational fleet to ensure the required availability service levels are met, at a minimum cost of ownership without compromising safety and compliance. This involves managing component/powerplants maintenance providers as well as Inventory Technical Management (ITM) service providers to ensure their contractual service levels are met and being the day-to-day interface for the resolution of any operational issues.
- Ensure that the contractual agreements with ITM and component maintenance service providers are translated to, and aligned with, working procedures and processes within Cathay Pacific (CX).
- Monitor KPI’s for ITM and other service providers in the component availability and repair process. Drive improvement plans when required.
- Able to influence across internal and external customers, manufacturers, repairers, MRO to achieve safe, yet cost and operational effective industry best performance.
- Implement (including adequate provisioning support) component modification programs, either via ITM service providers, or via the component shops for CX-managed components.
- Vet and validate ITM and repair invoices both from a contractual and technical perspective.
- Support vendor selection and negotiation process. Ensure the contractual terms meet the operational requirements and future inventory management direction.
- Support cost and budget control of component and powerplants maintenance, including ITM service fees, component and powerplant repair and scrap costs.
- Based on achieved service levels, assess component provisioning levels (at HKG, BM stations, and line stations) on a regular basis and adjust as required.
- Regularly review ITM program scope coverage based on operational experience and initiate possible scope changes in consultation with Procurement and Aircraft Trading department (APD).
- RO management of CX-managed components/powerplants, including monitoring of repair process and repair suppliers to ensure TAT’s are met.
- Manage availability and life-cycle of QEC’s, including QEC build-up, storage, and build-down.
- Manage CX-owned tooling/GSE including ensuring calibration requirements are met.
- Manage engineering projects effectively. Identify and mitigate any operational risks in advance.
- Minimum 6.5 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering processes. Exposure to inventory management, technical services, and/or procurement.
- More than 2 years in an Inventory Controller’s role (or equivalent).
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace or Logistics discipline or other engineering field. Alternatively, other relevant qualifications, combined with extensive practical experience in airline material management.
- Good analytical skills and process-oriented.
- Good commercial and financial awareness and acumen. Ability to work with external suppliers to extract maximum value from contracts.
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrated ability to identify and drive process improvements.
- Proven ability to execute plans with involvement of other sections within CX.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 17 March 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.