Reports to: Engineering Digital and Processes Manager
Department: Engineering (ENG)
This job position is responsible for liaising with and providing support and guidance to the company digitisation objectives. He/ She will lead analysis and develop requirements for solutions that support the Engineering Department’s data collection and analysis needs. He/ She will also provide data and information to the Engineering Business users where it is not readily available from corporate sources. The job holder needs to provide support and guidance of Engineering specific data to the Digital team in support of the IOC transformation projects.
Note: For the purposes of this document, Cathay Pacific (CX) A/C or fleet may extend to Air Hong Kong (AHK) on individual project basis.
Duty holder responsibilities include:
- Maintain relationships with and provide reporting and analytical support to business units and support Digitalisation projects.
- Manage the extraction, aggregation and quality assurance of data from multiple sources in support of performing operational reporting and quantitative analyses and research, Identify and implement new opportunities and solutions to improve capabilities and efficiency of the ENG operation.
- Provide reporting and analytics support from data analytics that is relevant and actionable.
- Collaborate with IT and business units to advance the company’s digital capabilities.
- Effectively communicate workload prioritisation and progress to all interested parties.
Section responsibilities include:
- Provide support and alignment for the development of Engineering (ENG) data model, with corporate Digital particularly in relation to industry specific standards and knowledge, e.g. Spec 2000 chapt 11 (reliability), Spec 2000 Chapt 17 (Electronic Log data protocol).
- Develop ENG Digital roadmap.
- Execute CX- 3rd party Digitalisation projects.
- Project manage digital projects.
- Minimum 6.5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance and/or IT analytics. Relevant experience in data management related activities.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace/ IT Analytics discipline or a proven data analysis role.
- Proven experience in managing projects and cross functional teams.
- Strong knowledge in aspects of ENG processes.
- Good in communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrate ability to drive change.
- Able to collaborate and influence multi-skilled teams.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 2 February 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.