Reports to: Cabin Programmes Manager (Avionics)
Fleet programmes are responsible for managing the development and introduction of new industry leading cabin equipment and configurations into the Cathay Pacific (CX) fleet, ensuring full compliance to both business and HK regulatory requirements.
The role of the Senior Cabin Programmes Engineer is to support all programme management related activity associated to specific cabin avionic programmes starting from product/supplier selection through to delivery on the aircraft. He/She will support the development of product specification, retrofit workscopes, manhour costings and aircraft input schedules and help manage the programme ensuring its delivered on time, on budget and on spec.
- Support the definition and installation of cabin avionics, which includes In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity (IFEC), EEPL, CSS for both production and retrofit aircraft
- Support the development of new cabin avionics projects and oversee cabin programmes to ensure all products are certified, produced and delivered on time, on budget and to specification
- Support the RFP process for new cabin avionic products and supplier selections ensuring full compliance to all technical and HK regulatory requirements
- Support LOPA studies and cabin reconfiguration proposals
- Support in-house cabin modifications through our HKAR-21 design organisation during the introduction on new aircraft/cabin programmes or aircraft lease returns
- Build strong working relationships with cabin avionic suppliers and MROs
- Support and drive cabin avionioc reliability improvements for future cabin avionic products through structured cross-functional engagement with key stakeholders and lessons learned
- Participate in all the major milestone meetings and provide on-site support for aircraft modification inputs
- Minimum 6 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering
- Relevant cabin avionics knowledge, preferably in IFEC development and integration
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline
- Proven experience in supporting and delivering projects and working with cross functional teams
- Membership of HKIE is preferred
- Experience in LEAN project is preferred
- Design Organisation experience is preferred
- Proven ability in supplier management and working with OEMs and MRO’s
- Good communication, influencing and negotations skills
- Drive for excellence
- Adaptable and responsive to change
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.