Reports to: Cabin Programmes Manager (Avionics)
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The job holder will manage assigned projects, tasks or deliver key milestones for the introduction of new cabin avionics (i.e. In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity) to the Cathay Pacific (CX) fleet. He/ She will evaluate whether the system can meet with HKG regulatory requirements and CX specifications, and that CX product and design requirements are able to translate into feasible and technical terms. He/ She will support costing, man hour and A/C input time estimates for cabin programmes. He/ She will also support supplier selection process and contract negotiations and manage suppliers to deliver CX programme schedule. In addition, the job holder will compile and approve Aircraft Engineering Orders and other technical instructions.
Note: For the purposes of this document, ‘CX’ A/C or fleet may extend to Cathay Dragon (KA) or Air Hong Kong (AHK) on individual project basis.
- Responsible for the definition and installation of cabin avionics, which includes In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity (IFEC), EEPL, CSS for both production and retrofit aircraft.
- Evaluate technical and commercial proposals for linefit and retrofit cabin avionics projects
- Manage cabin avionics projects and oversee cabin programmes to ensure that the quality of work and project delivery will meet CX requirements. To ensure all products are certified, produced and delivered on time, on budget and to high quality.
- In charge of aircraft technical document preparation and implementation including AEO, ICA, MEL, AMS, AFMS … etc.
- Initiate program meetings with key stakeholders, e.g. Airline Purchasing Department (APD), Customer Experience Design (CED) Department, Flight Operations (FOP) Department and Inflight Service Delivery (ISD) Department to ensure the design compliance with airworthiness requirements and operator’s in-house requirement.
- Build strong working relationships with authorities, cabin suppliers, OEMs and MROs. Ensure cost-effective on-site support for cabin avionics programmes as required.
- Participate in all the major milestone meetings and provide on-site support for aircraft modification inputs.
- Minimum 6.5 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in cabin avionics and design organization.
- Excellent cabin avionics knowledge, preferably in IFEC development and integration.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline. Proven experience in supporting and delivering projects and working with cross functional teams
- Good leadership skills. Proven ability to work across departments and OEMs.
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 31 May 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.