Reports to: Assistant Manager, Safety Training
The Safety Training School makes sure our pilots and cabin crew are all well trained in all aspects of emergency procedures. The Safety Training Specialist II (In Training) has good prospects for career growth, with a 1.5 to 2 years certification plan to become a Safety Training Specialist II.
- You will conduct safety and emergency procedure training which include but not limited to first aid, fire fighting and emergency evacuation for Flight and Cabin Crews comprising over 20 nationalities
- You will coach and monitor the Flight and Cabin Crews to ensure they are equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to meet the regulatory required standards as well as provide support in administration, prepare training materials and continuous enhancement of the safety training school
- You will conduct Quality Assurance inspection to ensure cabin safety standards are maintained
- You will receive training to become a Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department approved instructor – Safety Training Specialist II in 1.5 years to 2 years depends on progress
- Tertiary education or above
- Minimum 3 years' working experience. Experience in adult training or cabin crew service will be an advantage
- Good swimmer with no fear of heights
- Holder of St. John's First Aid Certificate is preferred
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent command of English
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Available for shift duties and overseas duty trips
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.