Reports to: Assistant Manager Rostering (Cockpit Crew)
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will lead, supervise, coordinate and to monitor the Cockpit Crew training rosters and line rosters in a holistic approach. The job holder is responsible to develop and monitor the Cockpit Crew training and line rosters being constructed in a productive and cost effective manners.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Lead and supervise the teams in the roster construction process for pilots of the Cathay Pacific Group (Cathay Pacific (CX), Cathay Dragon (KA) and Air Hong Kong (LD)).
- Lead the teams to evolve the monthly production process for continuous improvement in achieving the company targets and quality rosters.
- Provide regular reviews and make recommendations to improve the production quality.
- Project the detailed training requirements for schedule month and schedule “plus one month” roster.
- Coordinate with Assistant Manager Crew Planning on the long and short term Cockpit Crew training strategies and requirements.
- Based on the training plans and required resources in activities to coordinate the production of Cockpit Crew training and line rosters.
- Coordinate with Crew Operations on the roster disruptions affecting the Cockpit Crew training.
- Coordinate with Planning Team to ensure the aircraft and slots are available for Base Training.
- Work closely with Flying Training Managers for the short term training requirements.
- Work closely with Technical Training and other offices for training supports.
- Coordinate with Simulator Training Manager on the construction of the monthly simulator instructor roster.
- Liaise with CAD inspectors and to construct their flying rosters in Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon.
- Provide regular updates on training requirements and projection of progress on the monthly rosters.
- Conduct performance measurements on Cockpit Crew rosters based on the defined KPIs.
- Provide training roster information to Flying Training Managers and other relevant offices.
- Ensure all checklists, reports and system are checked properly such that the monthly roster is published in compliance with all the legal and Company requirements.
- Promote teamwork and provide coaching to the members in the team
- Maintain good teamwork and provide feedbacks to all Crew Resources teams for the continuous improvement in productions.
- Maintain technical knowledge required.
- Attend regular meetings with Crew Planning, Pairing & Distribution and Crew Operations, and proactively provide structured feedbacks with data for continuous improvements
- Monitor the performance of subordinates.
- Specific duties and responsibilities as delegated by Rostering Manager
Experience, Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Tertiary education.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of Approved Flight Time Limitations Scheme (AFTLS), Conditions of Service, Rostering Practices and Crew Training requirement is a pre- requisite.
- Knowledge of Cockpit Crew rostering is an advantage.
- Good ability in people management and communication skills.
- Good at Excel and Word or equivalent.
- Able to work independently and decisively under pressure and within a team.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in crew management environment, or equivalent
- Analysing and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Customer Focus
Application Deadline: 20 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.