Reservations Sales Agent
Location : Mumbai, India
Application Deadline : 31st Jan 2021
To maximise direct sales opportunities and grow direct sales revenue as the ‘voice’ (phone/email) of Cathay Pacific and to supplement the Digital Sales team in completing sales transactions and generating ancillary revenue.
To promote the Cathay Pacific service, product and brand via the direct channel, interpreting customer needs whilst maintaining a focus on customer retention and service excellence
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Key responsibilities and tasks
Revenue Generation - Direct and Ancillary Selling
- Promote Cathay Pacific products, up-selling customers to secure higher yield and capture sales opportunities
- Up-sell / Cross-sell on an ad-hoc basis generating ancillary revenue
- Consistently promote the appropriate Cathay Pacific e-products to encourage self-service and enhance the customer experience
- Actively contribute to achieving the team’s sales targets
Customer Handling and Servicing
- Act as the professional Contact Centre Agent to handle passenger & travel agent queries across various channels in a ‘Service Straight from the Heart’ manner
- Be at the ‘front end’ of the business with responsibilities to serve walk-in customers as required and respond to passenger and travel agents’ queries/feedback
- Assist direct customers in travel planning, ticketing matters and provide after excellent sales service support
- Process flight disruptions and call-outs to affected customers as required
- Actively contribute to achieving the team’s service level targets
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as required
- Any other reasonable task as requested
Qualifications / Experience
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Travel Industry experience and knowledge of Global Distribution System (GDS), preferably Amadeus is an advantage
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to connect and build a relationship via telephone
- Strong command of spoken and written English is a must. Knowledge of Hindi will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable passion for excellent customer service in line with the brand promise, emphasising great communication, listening and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, listening and problem solving skills
- Good PC literacy skills in Word, Excel, Internet browsing
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.