Location: London, UK
Regional General Manager
Cathay Pacific Airways (UK Branch) Ltd
37.5 hours. From time to time employees may be asked to work outside of their working hours
Bring your passion to Cathay Pacific and discover a world of opportunities.
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our long track record of success has been made possible due to our talented people, who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best. That’s why we invest in careers, supporting you to explore interests and expand your horizons.
Cathay Pacific is looking for a talented and driven Regional Head of Marketing and Sales, to lead an evolving regional team across Europe into a data driven intelligent marketing and sales force. We are looking for you to achieve all agreed brand, marketing and sales targets and successfully implement the region’s strategies.
To be successful, you will need demonstrable regional experience within a commercial management capacity. You will have the ability to create and lead high performance and metrics focused teams that consistently exceed targets.
- Align with Head Office strategy to oversee production of marketing campaigns to promote the Airlines’ brands and products in an innovative manner to achieve the desired cut-through including design and delivery of campaigns to drive traffic for direct sales conversion and indirectly assisting sales teams in their respective channels.
- Achieve the targeted growth in direct sales using different tools to grow traffic CX.com, MOB and other direct channels
- Execute social media strategy set by Head Office Corporate Affairs department and work closely with the Head of Marketing and Digital Sales in the development of campaigns as well as establishing local contacts with key influencers.
- Deliver the region’s agreed revenue targets for both direct and indirect sales as well as on ticket and ancillary sales
- Define and submit revenue targets as required to Head Office in line with capacity growth, competitive landscape, cost of sales and yield management strategies
- Produce and execute the agreed Commercial Action Plans (across revenue management, sales and distribution, marketing, loyalty and PR) in line with Head Office directives, local market trends and the revenue targets
- Recommend a revenue and commercial cost budget in collaboration with stakeholders; monitor and control progress, taking corrective action where necessary to achieve the agreed targets
- Cultivate contacts with key industry representatives (business and leisure), governmental associations (HKTB, HKTDC), government representatives and local leaders
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to the careers site outlining your suitability for this position by Sunday 13 January 2019.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications
Please refer to IntraCX for details of our Internal Vacancy Policy and Compensation Management Policy.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.