With more than 15,000 employees globally and over 150 aircrafts, Cathay Pacific proudly celebrates its 76th anniversary this year and we are looking for a Regional Head of Finance, Northeast Asia to help propel us into the future.
This position supports Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, and is responsible for all finance activities such as cash management, tax compliance, vendor payments, customer collections, planning and forecasting, and ensuring our financial health and integrity.
The role reports to the Regional General Manager, Northeast Asia based in Japan and the General Manager, Finance and Performance based in Hong Kong. The role is based in Tokyo.
To effectively lead and develop the Finance team, ensuring robust controls and compliance of all financial matters throughout the Northeast Asia region for Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Express. The role will also provide financial advice and analysis to the respective regional and local managers as well as continually review, develop and improve processes to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Responsibility for finance related operations for the Northeast Asia region
- Provide direction, guidance and support to the local Finance teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks as necessary
- Update regional management and Head Office on new requirements which may give rise to changes in risk exposure and/or changes in working procedures
- Proactively work to identify efficiencies and more effective ways of working and actively work with Head Office and the Finance teams and other departments to implement and standardise continuous improvements
- Ensure continuity of Finance operations during periods of absence or disruption
- Liaise with Head Office Group Legal Team and external legal advisors for local legal matters as and when required
- Partner with the Regional General Manager and other regional department heads to complete the Control Self-Assessment for risk management
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and effective teamwork
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Degree in Accounting or related discipline with advanced accounting knowledge
- Post-graduate accounting qualification in Accounting or a closely related discipline
- A minimum of ten years’ Finance/Accounting experience is essential
- A minimum of six years’ experiences in leading a high performance team, preferably across multiple locations
- Advanced understanding of the principles of operational accounting, particularly indirect and payroll taxation alongside the ability to apply these to meet local country regulations within the region
- Admirable interpersonal skills and can interact with all levels within the organisation
- Strong planning, problem-solving and organisational skills and is able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously across multiple locations
- Strong written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken Japanese and English
- Must have the legal right to live and work in Japan
- Employment status: Permanent
- Probation period: 6 months
- Basic salary: JPY718,000/month ～
- Title allowance: JPY100,000/month
- Other allowances: JPY90,000/month ～
- Bonus: None
- Retirement allowance: None
- Social insurance (employment, worker's compensation, health, and welfare pension)
- Commuting expense allowance: Up to JPY50,000/month
- Annual leave: 16 days in the first year after 6 months of employment
Personal & Application Information
- Cover letter explaining your motivation for applying
- CV (both English and Japanese)
- Copy of certificate for financial or accounting-related (if available)
Application deadline: 30 September 2022
*A full job description is available upon your request.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.