Location : Mumbai
Application Deadline: 10th December 2019
To effectively lead and develop the regional Finance teams, ensuring robust controls and compliance of all financial matters throughout the South Asia, Middle East and Africa region.
To provide, as a senior business partner, appropriate financial advice and analysis to respective regional and local managers.
To guide, support and hold regional teams accountable to meet their responsibilities in complying with Group policies and procedures, including local regulatory requirements.
To foster an innovative environment that leads to a positive continuous improvement culture, drive process efficiency projects and implement changes in the South Asia, Middle East and Africa region, collaborating with other Regional Heads of Finance and HKG as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsibility for all financial operations for the countries within the region including:
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and statutory permissions e.g. taxation and regulatory reporting
- Maintaining robust internal controls and performing risk assessments and mitigations as required
- Management and financial reporting
- Budgeting, forecasting and continuous cost control
- Credit control of different types of agents
- Banking, treasury and cash management
- Financial related administration and supplier management
- Business advisory, support and process improvement
- Coordinate the set-up and development of the finance structure and aligned strategy for the region, ensuring reporting lines are optimised and best practices are put in place
- Provide direction, guidance and support to the local Finance teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks as necessary to complete end to end finance processes
- Ensure steps are taken to remain fully up to date on legislation, taxation and compliance matters and, where necessary, intervene to make decisions and help resolve regulatory or compliance issues in individual ports and countries
- Update regional management and Head Office on new local requirements which may give rise to changes in risk exposure and/or changes in working procedures
- Actively participate in discussions with local and regional authorities and/or external working groups where needed
- Work effectively with Head Office to implement Head Office Finance initiatives and deliver on central Finance strategies and guidance
- Proactively work to identify efficiencies and more effective ways of working and actively work with Head Office, the Finance teams and other departments to implement and standardise continuous improvements
- Ensure continuity of Finance operations during periods of absence or disruption
- Manage relationships with local business partners, such as banks, external auditors and tax advisors
- Liaise with Group Legal Team and external legal advisors for local / regional matters as and when required
- Partner with the Regional General Manager and other regional department heads to complete the Control Self-Assessment for risk management and mitigation
- Manage challenging financial issues including audits, local taxation and compliance, service tax and work to proactively address them
- Any other reasonable task as required
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong, and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and effective teamwork
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with experience in Taxation / Compliance matters.
- Post graduate or MBA in Finance with experience in Business Partnering is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills, training, experience
- A minimum of ten year’s Finance/Accounting experience post completion of Chartered Accountancy
- Experience in successfully handling Indian taxation and compliance matters
- Experience in the airline / travel industry is an advantage
- Experience in Business Partnering, providing business solutions is an advantage
- Advanced level knowledge in SAP/ MS Excel
- Advanced understanding of the principles of operational accounting, particularly indirect and payroll taxation alongside the ability to apply these to meet local country regulations within the region
- Admirable interpersonal skills and can interact with all levels within the organisation
- Creative and innovative with experience in improving current work practices and implementing new ideas
- Strong planning, problem-solving and organisational skills and is able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously across multiple locations
- Good written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and diplomacy
- Leads, adapts to and embraces constant change
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.