Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
Actively support the Regional General Manager to achieve regional objectives by providing high quality, accurate and timely professional assistance consistent with the operating practices of the organisation.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Regional General Manager Support
- Consistently provide high quality administrative and organisational support
- Liaise on a regular and ongoing basis with relevant Government or regulatory bodies, including the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and various Airport Authorities in regard to Cathay Pacific scheduling and airline operation policies
- Liaise with Hong Kong Planning for Cathay Pacific scheduling on a regular and ongoing basis
- Manage the Regional General Manager’s diaries assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary
- Receive and deal with telephone calls professionally redirecting or taking messages and using initiative to deal with queries
- Sort, distribute and respond or draft responses to incoming mail in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepare and file documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for Regional General Manager and senior regional executives
- Assist with data preparation and formatting
- Manage and submit Regional General Manager expenses as required
- Own and progress specific projects for the Regional General Manager as required
- Coordinate events and staff functions as required (e.g. Annual Conference, Christmas function)
- Be a point of contact for Cathay Pacific Corporate Affairs department based in Head Office
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Regional General Manager and/or Assistant Trainees with moving to and from the region
- Any other reasonable task as requested
Regional Office Support
- Organise, attend, record and distribute minutes for recurring management meetings and presentations
- Coordinate tenancy issues for Swire House staff
- Coordinate and manage Town Office Business Continuity Planning readiness as required
- Act as Administration Coordinator in Emergency and Accident situations
- Appointment as Fire Warden and First Aider for the Town Office
- Manage petty cash for the Regional Office
Travel and Administration
- Arrange duty and leisure travel for Regional General Manager
- Provide assistance to Cathay Pacific Hong Kong and Outports within the region as required
- Arrange concessional travel requests for interline employees as required
- Organise travel arrangements for contracted agreements and prize winners
- Liaise with building management and manage office facilities as required
- Provide administrative support to the wider Senior Regional Management team as required
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- High school graduation
- Tertiary qualification in a related administration or business discipline is an advantage
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in an EA / PA or similar regional administration support role
- Exposure to implementing change management initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in successful relationship building across remote offices
- Attention to detail and high level accuracy
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility in adapting to different management styles
- Sensitive and responsive to the requirements of different cultures and personalities
- Proven ability to operate effectively with limited information and able to work independently with little supervision
- IT literate and fully conversant in the use of Microsoft applications; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.