Reports to: Retail and eComm Transformation Manager
As a global aviation company we are looking for quality assurance lead supporting retail pillar on various platform improvement and development initiatives. You will be provided with opportunities to get to know aviation industry processes and various testing methodologies through different platform enhancements. You are required to contribute to the entire process of functional and automation testing, lead and monitor the ODC testing team to ensure quality and integrity of the product is maintained and on schedule by adopting functional test framework, and prepare communications and change management plan for associated business units.
- Support retail and e-commerce transformation manager in monitoring the entire functional testing process to ensure it is delivered on budget, on time, and achieve planned objectives
- Work closely with product owner and digital analysist to develop test plans detailing the goals and procedures among different development releases for retail platform. These plans include what will be tested during the project, including deliverables, roles, responsibilities, assumptions and caveats.
- Lead, monitor and control tests being performed by the ODC testing team under the retail business domain; work with ODC team to ensure production on test reports of progress against time and quality, defects severity, distribution and priority rating, impact assessments, trends over the project etc.
- Participate in test case execution where required and presenting business unit to lead and execute all production verification related testing activities together with testing team.
- Co-ordinate between development and testing teams, participate in requirement grooming and daily stand-up sessions.
- Prioritize test cases according to the business priority & risks
- Follow up on all testing issues during the development cycles and post development such as production check
- Devise options for achieving targets when progress is not as intended
- Work closely with developer to ensure development of an appropriate Testing Environment to support all the tests required
- Review all testing documents and other test-related documentations
- Provide communications and prepare change management plan (release notes, business readiness briefings etc) for associated business units prior to deployment/releases.
- At least 5 years of working experience with minimum 3 years solid project hands-on experience under the corresponding business domain
- Tertiary qualifications are essential
- Able to communicate in Mandarin and English with external vendors
- Capability to think and contribute from functional and automation testing framework perspective, effects of changes and upgrades
- Good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of using different testing technique or management tools
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas
- Aviation Industry knowledge is preferable
- Experience with popular test management tools, such as JIRA and HP-ALM
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.