Reports to: Regional Head of Marketing and Digital Sales
Job Level: B
This role is to protect and promote the brand reputation of the Cathay Pacific group across all media platforms (traditional, digital, and social), perform and ensure region/local communication materials align with corporate affairs strategy and execution.
The incumbent will be responsible for fast and professional response and customer engagement through Social Media and Public Relations activities as well as organising social media campaigns to promote the Airlines’ image, support fare promotions, network promotions, and other campaign and direct sales initiatives.
- Ensure all Social Media and Public Relations content is on brand
- Conduct all Public Relations activities in the region through proactive Public Relations planning
- Evaluate and balance media exposure and needs for the different countries within the region
- Engage and manage relationship building with traditional and new media
- Enhance local media and social media engagement and relationships, contacts and databases
- Effectively manage the regional Public Relations agency as required
- Coordinate, manage and plan Public Relations work in each country within the region with regional agency support as required
- Support country/regional managers with stakeholder engagement activities
- Ensure Emergency and Accident communications preparedness
- Coordinate Emergency and Accident communications in the region and to support the local officer as needed
- Ensure that all locally produced social media content is of superior quality, on brand, and aligns with Head Office direction
- Plan, develop and execute local insights driven social media content including local language in the region
- Adapt global social media content for local use in the region
- Create regional social media content strategy and define success criteria for the region based on local business needs and aligning Head Office social media strategies
- Deliver internal communications in the region
- Support the annual kick-off conference logistics as required
- Plan and execute local Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives based on Head Office in key selected markets
- Manage the annual Public Relations and Social Media budget allocated to the region in an effective manner
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values and enhance employee experience in line with the role level and internal brand promise
- A degree holder or equivalent in a related business field
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Public Relations or Social Media enterprise
- Fluent in spoken and written English and local language (if applicable)
- Good media relationship and understanding of the story needs of local media
- Thorough understanding on social media landscape with local market insights
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, ensuring speed to market whilst maintaining quality of work
- Capable of working outside of office hours in response to urgent Corporate Affairs matters
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Discreet individual, who can be trusted with confidential material
- Communications style is naturally aligned with Cathay Pacific's style
- Applicants with the right to live and work in Singapore preferred.
- Outport applicants who meet the requirements are welcome to apply, and it is subject to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower's approval for an appropriate work pass.
- Local terms and conditions apply to this position.
Application deadline – 17 February 2019