Department: Customer Care
Reports to: Head of Customer Contact or Head of Planning & Business Improvement, and Customer Care Transformation Programme Manager
The Customer Care Department are currently on a transformation journey. This role is an integral member of the Customer Care transformation team, responsible for business readiness and management of multiple projects and deliverables, contributing towards a wider overarching programme of Customer Care Transformation.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate projects to ensure that the project is delivered in line with overarching Programme direction and goals.
- Identify, manage and report on project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, to ensure quality delivery, within prescribed timeframes and cost parameters.
- Prepare project status reports and updates to stakeholders, including preparation of presentation material for Steering Committees.
- Drive development of business case proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding requirements, procedures for accomplishing projects, negotiate staffing requirements to various project phases
- Liaise with ETPM (Enterprise Transformation & Portfolio Management) where required to ensure compliance of project management practices.
- Actively track and follow up the progress of projects to ensure milestones are being achieved and major issues are being flagged to the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work;
- Foster a continuous learning and cross-team knowledge sharing culture among project delivery groups
- Collaborate with cross-departmental stakeholders to ensure alignment on project goals. Examples include but not limited to BIM (Brand, Insights & Marketing Communications), CED (Customer Experience Design), DGT (Digital), I.T. (Information Technology)
- Be an advocate of change and act as a role model for change in driving business readiness in projects, including but not limited to challenging current processes and practices and encouraging new ways of working
- Lead projects in an agile way, with a willingness to take a pragmatic approach in balancing operations stability against project delivery, to drive win-win outcomes.
- Proactively identify options to solve risks or issues, with associated pros and cons for stakeholder buy-in and decisions.
- Degree qualifications in Information Technology, Business or related area
- Minimum 7 years in project management roles
- Professional project management certification would be preferred (PMP or PRINCE2)
- Proven experience in managing large-scale projects with ability to multitask and manage multiple medium to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Detailed knowledge of the following disciplines: Project Delivery Life Cycle, Change Management, Vendor Management, Service Transition and Cutover planning
- Proven experience on agile project delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach, motivate and develop others
- Strong change management expertise preferred
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
Application Deadline: 13 August 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.