Reports to: Head of Procurement Technology & Professional Services
This position will be responsible for the definition, implementation and execution of the category and sourcing strategies for IT Services. Lead a team responsible for sourcing, supply management and procurement of the Airline. The role involves management, administration, and supervision of Cathay Pacific IT Services acquisition in accordance with established procurement rules. Objectives of the positions include: optimize cost by seeking best value for money, lead evaluation and selection of suppliers, ensure excellent supplier performance, oversee contract negotiations, guarantee the highest level of ethics and compliance, ensure procurement policies and procedures meet internal and external compliance requirement around diversity, social responsibility & sustainability goals.
- Define and implement sourcing, procurement and commercial strategies relating to IT Services. ;
- Conduct global, regional, and local market analysis to identify emerging trends that may have positive or negative impacts on the company, and develop new strategies to effectively leverage or mitigate these.
- Develop and manage relationships with key Services suppliers and other organisations that have influence on the market direction.
- Define the strategy to restructure the current procurement operating model to enable maximum leverage and utilization of the cross category team in all transactional and commodity purchasing activities (e.g. tender events, reviewing Statements of Work), and engage with BU stakeholders (IT and Business, including Outport teams) to drive further efficiencies through use of cross-functional category support.
- Define/implement sourcing, procurement and commercial strategies relating to IT Services.
- Responsible for sourcing, selection and negotiation with suppliers to strive for the best price while maintaining the highest quality, reliability and service
- Lead engagement with BU stakeholders, challenge specifications and manage BU demand.
- Work with the business and negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and service levels are optimized.
- Demonstrate compliance with procurement processes regarding sourcing, negotiation, supplier management and contract management
- Manage a team of Assistant Managers and provide leadership, coaching, development.
- University graduate in related discipline.
- 7 years' relevant experience.
- Procurement and Category Management experience is essential.
- Ability to adapt and learn rapidly to be able to talk the language of the stakeholders.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to inspire, and build trust and respect among the APD community.
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Approachable and decisive.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.