Reports to: Quality Manager Engineering
Principal Airworthiness & Quality Engineer may have the deputy function of Quality Manager Engineering and is responsible to assist Quality Manager Engineering on team supervision, development and interface with internal and external customers. The successful individual shall be the change agent that focuses on continuous improvements for the section and wider department.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, develop, drive and execute proposal for changes to improve departmental efficiency and productivity.
- Establish process improvements in meeting operation and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate and prioritise inter-departmental projects
- Champion for SMS compliance, Engineering SMS implementation, Risk Controls, Safety Performance Measurement, Safety Training and Promotion.
- Establish policy and processes on ENG procedure standardization, actively ensuring alignment to best practices and compliance.
- Liaise with authorities on related quality, safety and compliance matters
- Act as the focal point to support Engineering Fleet Management customers: Air Hong Kong and Cathay Dragon for Airworthiness & Quality related issues.
- Lead department process change and risk assessment as directed, lead the team on data analysis to support the above risk and safety management functions
- Provide QA support for store inspection process, supervise subcontractor / vendor Assessment, lease engine AN16 process as required
- Set up and maintain departmental risk register and BCP.
- Lead and conduct assignments / projects as requested by managers
- Support certification and/or investigation activities
- Monitor regulatory changes and work with the relevant Engineering sections to ensure manuals are updated accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining a scorecard showing our level of compliance to airworthiness requirements (including the performance of suppliers).
- Collate and submit required documentation for renewal of regulatory approvals and licenses (both HKG and line stations)
- Review and provide recommendation for issue of personnel authorisations/licenses, variations to approved data, and Technical Training School courses. This includes conducting Company Procedures Interviews.
- Monitoring issue of new mandatory requirements (AD’s, ALS revisions, etc) and ensure this is routed to the relevant sections within Engineering. Drive and monitor follow-up actions to ensure compliance timelines are met.
- Review submitted data and provide recommendation for the (re-)issue of C of A (HKCAR 183 role). Ensure that all required aircraft documentation is up-to-date and available to maintain C of A.
- Drive follow-up investigation of MOR’s and other in-service airworthiness and compliance issues to resolution.
- Oversight of engineering Airworthiness Directives assessment
- Collate, review and submit justification to regulatory authorities for variations, or waivers to regulatory requirements or approved data.
- Regular liaison with HKCAD counterparts.
- Raise awareness within Engineering of airworthiness issues via QN’s or similar documents.
- Minimum 11.5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in quality system
- Aircraft Maintenance License (B1 or B2) or Degree in Engineering / Aerospace or related discipline
- Previous experience on any of the following aircraft types operate by CX/KA/AHK would be an advantage
- Previous Quality Assurance experiences would be an advantage
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Mandarin will be advantageous
- Excellent project management skills and capable of working across departments / sections to drive for process improvement
- Good understanding of HKCAD/EASA requirement
- Knowledge on aircraft certification would be an advantage
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and work at overseas maintenance facilities
- Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 12 September 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.