Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based airline operating a fleet of 42 passenger aircraft and serving 53 regional destinations, including 23 cities in Mainland China. Cathay Dragon has been recognized for its product and service quality, and was named as Skytrax 'World's Best Regional Airline' for fourth time. Cathay Dragon is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, providing seamless connectivity for passengers to more than 200 cities around the globe.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FASCO/ FESCO
To proactively monitor market changes, devise profitable and competitive pricing proposals for Revenue Management and once agreed ensure that Fare Request Sheet (FRS) process is adhered to.
To analyse market data such as MIDT and DDS to provide support for the Region’s Sales teams.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Pricing and Fares
- Monitor competitors’ fares and provide reports to enable Cathay to respond accordingly
- Provide fare market intelligence in a consolidated format
- Leverage pricing and new fare products as a brand proposition to realise new revenue potential across all market segments
- Recommend and agree Origin and Destination strategies with Revenue Management Office and monitor key performance indicators against these targets
- Provide regular and timely reviews of fares and terms
- Conduct pricing proposals and negotiation as required
- Prepare Fare Request Sheets and fare filing in an accurate and timely manner
- Actively seek opportunities to improve existing processes
- Prepare Fare Request Sheets and fare filing in an accurate and timely manner and ensure all relevant stakeholders (including GCC and Sales teams) are informed once completed
- Use business data analytics such as MIDT and DDS, as required, to provide reports to support countries’ sales activities.
- Monitor sales performance and react quickly to maximise revenue opportunities
- Support Head Office’s efforts to maximise network and ancillary revenue across all distribution channels
- Ensure smooth and effective communications between region/country and Revenue Management Office
- Support business data analytics including MIDT, DDS as required to help set the strategy
- Provide regular business reports and help to translate the analytics into insights to enable the sales teams to evaluate their strategy and approach
- Maintain awareness of local contacts and regulations
- Any other reasonable task as requested
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Tertiary education or equivalent (preferably in a relevant Sales and Marketing or Business field) is preferred
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the airline industry is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable acumen in Sales and Marketing
- Proven ability to use numeracy and analytical skills to identify opportunities and risks to revenue generation – analysis to include revenue, market share, and yield trends
- Proven numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptive to and embraces constant change
Application Deadline: Nov30, 2018
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.