Reports to: Business Development Manager
The purpose of this role is to proactively monitor market changes, devise profitable and competitive pricing proposals for Revenue Management and once agreed, to ensure that Fare Request Sheet (FRS) process is adhered to.
- Conduct pricing proposals and negotiation as required
- Monitor the fare market and provide reports to enable Cathay to respond accordingly
- Provide fare market intelligence in a consolidated format
- Recommend and agree Origin and Destination strategies with Revenue Management Office and monitor key performance indicators against these targets
- Provide regular and timely reviews of fares and terms
- Actively seek opportunities to improve existing processes
- Use business data analytics such as MIDT and DDS, as required, to provide reports to support countries’ sales activities.
- Monitor sales performance and react quickly to maximise revenue opportunities
- Ensure smooth and effective communications between region/country and Revenue Management Office
- Support business data analytics including MIDT, DDS as required to help set the strategy
- Maintain awareness of local contacts and regulations
- Degree or equivalent (in economics, business statistics, mathematics, finance) is preferred
- Good PC literacy in Word, Excel (pivot table) and PowerPoint
- Proven numeracy and analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the airline industry is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable acumen in Sales and Marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adaptive to and embraces constant change
- Applicants with the right to live and work in Singapore preferred.
- Outport applicants who meet the requirements are welcome to apply, and it is subject to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower's approval for an appropriate work pass.
- Local terms and conditions apply to this position.