Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
- To execute the talent acquisition strategies for all functions in the region and support (or lead as required) all assessment and selection activities.
- To take accountability for the execution of a signature Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon candidate experience through all key touch-points.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Recruitment and Selection Process Excellence
- Work closely with hiring managers to clarify recruiting requisitions
- Ensure all recruitment and selection process are conducted efficiently and in accordance with all laws, company policy and standards
- Deliver end-to-end recruiting and selection services for all business functions in the region
- Conduct effective shortlisting to ensure the most suitable candidates are seen by the hiring managers
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager as required, taking actions to increase the level of support to employ more senior roles
- Coordinate recruitment and selection activities for all applicable overseas hires
- Conduct reference checking via phone to ensure the quality of hires
- Execute the offer process, including salary negotiations
Talent Attraction and Employer Branding
- Execute a professional, brand enhancing candidate experience through all recruitment and selection cycle touch-points
- Secure high quality candidates within agreed time-to-fill targets
- Assist in development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes related to sourcing, recruiting, promotion, transfer and on-boarding
- Analyse recruitment channel effectiveness and explore more effective channels such as strategic search partners, agencies, social media etc. to be at the forefront of the airline industry
- Coordinate the facilitation of the on-boarding programme for Brushwingers as well as monitor and enhance the on-boarding experience
- Take initiatives to continuously optimise staffing processes including interviews, on-boarding, separation etc.
- Participate in Human Resource and/or talent acquisition projects as required
- Any other reasonable task as required
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree in Human Resources or a related discipline is an advantage
Knowledge, skills and experiences
- 4+ years’ relevant experience in Human Resources with at least 3 years in recruitment
- Experience leading high volume recruitment activity
- Experience in running competency-based and technical interviews and using other assessment and selection tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Excellent team working and relationship management skills
- Strong planning skills with high attention to detail
- Strong customer service ethos
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects within specified timeframes
- Travelling within the region is required
- PRC national register or holding PRC ID