Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
To ensure full compliance with all Human Resource matters is achieved by taking the lead on key Human Resource compliance and policy matters for all functions within the region as well as supporting Line Managers with any area of related policies.
To provide operational Compensation and Benefits shared service and support to all functions within the region, implementing global Compensation and Benefits programmes and ensuring smooth localisation in addition to providing Compensation and Benefits consulting services to Line Managers.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Rewards and Benefits
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of competitive compensation and benefit programmes, policies and procedures for the region that will support the business strategies and are in alignment with global directives
- Design and implement competitive Compensation and Benefit programmes that will attract and retain key talent and the general workforce supporting business growth and objectives
- Develop clear legally compliant policies and guidelines for Compensation and Benefit programmes to ensure transparency and that processes are well documented and are clearly understood by all users
- Work with Human Resource Business Partners to identify Compensation and Benefit issues and ensure that the execution of Compensation and Benefits policies are consistent and aligned with global policy
- Analyse local salary structures (market benchmarking, salary surveys, etc.) and develop salary structure models that ensure external competitiveness, internal equity, and linkages to performance
- Provide expert advice and guidance to line managers in usage of the Compensation and Benefits as tools to build and sustain high performance culture
- Supervise payroll administration for sites including legal compliance and conducting periodic audits for data integrity, confidentiality etc.
- Monitor PeopleCX and local HRIS systems and usage to ensure application and information recording is consistent across the region
- Manage the salary survey and benchmarking processes to ensure cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity among employees
Policy Development and Communication
- Ensure all global people policies are implemented in an appropriate local fashion and that local people policies are developed to meet local needs ensuring that policies are locally appropriate and meet all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Contribute to global policy development and communication strategies by working with teams in Head Office
- Determine the strategy for policy communication, training and ongoing access for each area and work with the local management team to implement and communicate
- Conduct regular policy audits and reviews to ensure compliance
- Work with various stakeholders (e.g. cabin crew, engineering) to ensure policies for the local environment are understood and are fit for purpose
Occupational Health and Safety
- Proactively establish a safety culture which ensures our people’s safety at work is top of mind and is prioritised
- Be the expert on health and safety legislation, practices and evolving trends
- Utilise the global health and safety policies and guidelines to achieve effective implementation locally to meet both company expectations and local legislation
- Conduct health and safety training as required
- Source expert suppliers for health and safety training that are cost effective
- Ensure all necessary health and safety reporting and investigation occurs in a timely manner
- Ensure reporting processes for incidents and near misses are in place and well understood by all employees
- Lead on investigations as required and monitor ongoing use of reporting mechanisms and identify gaps to minimise risk and harm
Ensure effective HR compliance
- Ensure Human Resource compliance across relevant contracts, agreements and legislation
- Be the expert in all industrial agreements and conditions of service
- Drive consistency in Human Resource policies and contracts including implementing standard terms and conditions, improving contracts to reflect best practices globally
- Ensure leave, absence and return to work policies are updated and fit for purpose
- Regularly audit key processes for compliance and conduct audits where required on process compliance to support Area Managers to improve
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree in Human Resources or in a closely related equivalent discipline
Knowledge, skills and experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in a complex matrix organisation
- Working knowledge of labour laws and various local regulations and practice within the region
- Good working knowledge and experience in market analysis and benchmarking methodologies, strong analytic skills with solid thinking process required to make sense of wide variety of market data
- Strong understanding of health and safety requirements and environment
- Strong compliance mindset with high attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to drive improvements
- Strong customer service orientation
- Efficient and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation skills
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at using technology in the workplace
- Travelling within the region is required
- PRC national register or holding PRC ID