Reports to: Regional Head of People
Job Level: A
The role will oversee the coordination, administration and compliance of people functions for Singapore to ensure professional and efficient Human Resource operations, and to provide an approachable and proficient support to all employees.
People Administration and Compliance
- Provide oversight and governance of people related processes within the country
- Adopt standard documented Human Resource processes and apply them to the local market with support from regional teams
- Ensure all personal data handling, Human Resource documentation and filing is conducted in a locally compliant and efficient manner
- Conduct local legislative reporting to government and other regulatory bodies in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the administrative processes and provide logistical support for all local employment including recruitment and selection processes
- Participate in regular reviews on Human Resource compliance processes, legislative changes or global process and policy changes that need to be implemented
Employee Queries and Support
- Act as the day to day point of contact for all Human Resource enquiries from line managers and employees
- Provide advice on Human Resource policies, contractual entitlements and day to day processes
- Escalate complex queries to the Regional Head of People or the regional people team for advice and support in a timely manner
Employee Communications and Engagement
- Assist with day to day initiatives regarding employee engagement, smooth operations of people communication, recognition and general enquiries.
- Coordinate long service awards and celebrations in a timely and memorable manner
- Support operational teams in matters of communications and staff briefings with onsite support at all work sites across the Outport
- Produce reports for line managers or the Country Manager regarding Human Resource performance and metrics
- Track local budget items and report on these to the region or Head Office as required
People Development and Performance Management
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork to achieve all the goals set
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values and enhance employee experience in line with the role level and internal brand promise
- Diploma in Human resources or related training is an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in administration
- Recent experience in working within a Human Resources environment with basic knowledge in Human Resource processes
- Experience in working with a global organisation is an advantage
- Experienced in leading a team is an advantage
- Demonstrably strong communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective in managing day to day processes and competing priorities
- Collaborative and energetic
- Strong internal customer service mindset
- Applicants with the right to live and work in Singapore preferred.
- Outport applicants who meet the requirements are welcome to apply, and it is subject to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower's approval for an appropriate work pass.
- Local terms and conditions apply to this position.
Application Deadline - 9 December 2018