At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- All Chinese mainland based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
- The job holder is accountable for providing expert HR and organisational development support and advice to enable successful execution of business and regional strategies. The incumbent should develop specific HR capability plan to improve employee experience and engagement and HR Governance in supporting the high performing culture.
- In addition, the incumbent will be involved in HR projects such as launching new policy and practice, improving our digital employee experience and automation capabilities by leveraging on technology, enhancing our people analytics and insights to improve our people and business effectiveness.
- Handle HR enquiries and conduct follow up actions and investigation when required. Actions such as but not limited to policy clarification and general HR related matters
- Provide advice and assistance to managers and/or employees on people related issues including performance, terminations, career development, team development and talent management
- Equip business leaders with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage and develop their people and provide proactive guidance and counsel on people related issues
- Support People Manager on complex interpretation of policy and procedures, or HR projects which need defining and designing new process and procedures
- Act as the lead contact for all performance management activities and administration related to annual performance management framework, system and processes
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently and equitably applied and that all legal requirements are met, and ensure that a positive employee relations is developed and reinforced
- Participate in the creation and upholding of good HR practices and systems to continuously enhance employee experience
- Conduct exit interview and provide the data driven insights to management, and manage alumni activities/engagement
Internal communications and engagement
- Assist People Manager on developing engagement plan to improve employee experience in the region
- Participant in day-to-day initiatives regarding employee engagement, communication and recognition
- Support regional communication activity, in collaboration with the HO Internal Communications and Engagement Team
- Any other reasonable tasks as required
- Emergency & Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Bachelor degree in business, HR, psychology or relevant discipline
Knowledge, skills and experiences:
- 5+ years’ experience as HR generalist and / or HR advisory, business partnering experience
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to create positive changes in a collaborative, convincing manner and the ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and maintain confidentiality is critical
- Preferable experience with managing labour relations, including successful handling of grievances and arbitration
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity. Understanding the issue and utilizing the resources available, to achieve the desired solution with sensitivity
- Experience working in a matrixed organisation
- Strong knowledge of China Employment regulatory and local legal requirements relating to people management, and desirable experiences of labour law and practices
- Strong analytical skills, and Result oriented
- Strong influencing, consulting and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including collaboration, coaching and counselling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Travelling within the region is required
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.