Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based airline operating a fleet of 42 passenger aircraft and serving 53 regional destinations, including 23 cities in Mainland China. Cathay Dragon has been recognized for its product and service quality, and was named as Skytrax 'World's Best Regional Airline' for fourth time. Cathay Dragon is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, providing seamless connectivity for passengers to more than 200 cities around the globe.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FASCO.
To provide high quality advice and service to management on employee relations and performance management matters.
To actively support the Engagement and Performance Manager with the development and execution of performance management philosophies, strategies, frameworks and policies to drive optimal organisational behaviour, and a high performance culture across the region.
Key responsibilities and tasks
General Engagement and Performance Support
- Be the day to day point of contact for Human Resource enquiries from line managers and employees
- Provide advice on Human Resource policies, contractual entitlements and day to day processes
- Assist with day to day initiatives regarding employee engagement, communication and recognition
- Support the line managers with smooth operations of people communication, engagement and general enquiries
- Coordinate long service awards and celebrations in a timely and engaging manner
- Support more Human Resource business partners in their work with functional / area leadership teams as required
- Provide advice and assistance to managers and/or employees on people related issues including performance, terminations, career development, team development and talent management
- Act as the lead contact for all performance management activities and administration related to annual performance management framework, system and processes
- Develop performance management tools and materials to support line management to deliver their performance management responsibilities and coaching and support line managers accordingly
- Generate reports and analytics, review and analyse performance data, identifying insights and trends etc.
- Undertake research to industry changes and best practice in respect of performance management and organisational effectiveness
- Assist HRBP and Engagement Manager on handling complaints, disciplinary and capability investigation and hearings
- Any other reasonable task as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, business, psychology or relevant discipline
Knowledge, skills and experiences
- 4+ years’ experience in Human Resources generalist role or expertise (technical depth) in at least two Human Resource functions
- Business partner experience across multiple client groups and geographies where applicable is advantageous
- Sound knowledge and application of China regulatory and local legal requirements relating to people management practices
- Experience supporting managers with Human Resource policy interpretation and advice
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Travelling within the region is required
- PRC national register or holding PRC ID
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.