Department: Global Business Services (GBS)
Reports to: Lead or Assistant Manager of Global Payroll
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation. The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality services, in a cost effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external stakeholders.
This role is accomplished by supporting and providing inputs to projects on, for example:
- Standardisation and simplification of policies and procedures
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives such as lean, robotics, and ECM
- Accounting duties in respect of payroll and related transactions
- Improvement of GBS presence throughout internal communication channels
Payroll Accounting team is part of the Hire to Retire (Employee Services) stream which provides services and administration of the end-to-end transactional activities associated with the employee experience for employees and business units. The stream currently covers on-boarding, employee benefits, employee mobility, and off-boarding activities, and the scope is under expansion. Payroll Accounting team is primarily responsible for all accounting and finance related duties of the transactions and records of the HtR stream. The team is also a key accounting and finance partner with FIN and is responsible for all accounting duties in respect of all payroll and staff cost related transactions in the company financial statements.
This role is to deliver services in a cost effective and efficient way with the aim to streamline and automate the on-going Payroll Accounting processes.
- Performs system testing and coordinates user testing and acceptance including creating test scenarios and test scripts.
- Provide the pre and post go live support to internal user
- Involve in payroll system enhancement as necessary;
- Work closely with business units along the Hire to Retire stream
- Support Customer Services by providing FAQs and transcripts on general enquiries and resolving specific payroll accounting-related enquiries escalated from Customer Services
- Participate in process optimisation initiatives where needed
- Provide timely and efficient payroll accounting-related administrative support to the team and business units, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, corporate/local policies and industry best practice, in accordance with the agreed service levels
- Given the handling of sensitive data, maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Tertiary education in business, Accounting, Finance, HR or relevant discipline
- 2 or more years experience in general Payroll Accounting administration within General Business Services / Shared Services environment, less experience will be considered for junior role
- Ability to multi-task between daily operations and project initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in conducting UAT, collecting and evaluating data
- Performed research and analyse information to support decision-making
- Competitive skills in Microsoft office
- Open-minded in adopting technologies and experience in using Oracle is a plus
- Customer-centric with good influencing and interpersonal skills to collaborate and work with a diverse group of people to meet goals and objectives
- Capability to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal Chinese (Cantonese) and English communication skills
Application Deadline: 30 September 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.