Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
Department: Marketing & Sales
Reports to: Marketing & Sales Supervisor
Location / Country: Qingdao / China
Implement sales strategies to meet and exceed the agreed revenue and sales targets. Acquire new business and establish Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon in new markets while maintaining and expanding the various existing market segments in areas of responsibility.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Develop Sales Leads and Build Relationships
- Initiate and follow up on sales actions, obtain sales leads and actively seek business from all travel market channels
- Identify, qualify and procure new business through identification of needs, data collection and market share analysis from agents, corporate clients and direct sales channels
- Develop direct sales channels and expand frequent flyers(MPO & Asia Miles) and Wechat fans base
- Make regular sales visits to agents and corporate clients to conduct presentations, seminars, provide updates on products and services in order to enhance sales opportunities and facilitate sales
- Answer agents enquires and handle ad-hoc or special cases
- Be the airline’s main representative in the local agency market, networking and maintaining good relationships with agents, corporations and trade partners, ensuring strong brand positioning
- Prepare and negotiate proposals to improve yield ensuring all offers are up to date and renegotiated in a timely fashion as required
Drive Revenue and Yield
- Meet agreed revenue, on-line sales target and corporate sales targets
- Focus on key OD revenue increment and market segment development
- Deliver consultative and insightful selling services
- Negotiate with agents and corporates on pricing and incentive schemes as required
- Increase frequency of usage from existing corporate accounts and Marco Polo members
- Collect market information and undertake analysis on travel data and assist to negotiate with agents and corporates in order to increase agency sales revenue
- Monitor sales performance by conducting regular and timely reviews with agents and corporates in order to maximize available and potential sales opportunities
Other Sales Activities
- Promote CXagents.com, self-servicing as well as group fulfillment channels
- Promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience in support of corporate travel business
- Utilization of Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities
- Any other reasonable task as required
Qualifications / Experience:
- University / Collage degree in a relevant Sales and Marketing or Business field
- Minimum of one year recent experience in Sales is preferred;
- Demonstrable experience in achieving sales targets
- Strong acumen in sales and marketing
- Require frequent traveling to Jinan and other neighbouring cities in Shandong.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is a distinct advantage, knowledge of the Jinan market is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MIDT and Sales Force Automation Tool preferred
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- PRC national register or holding PRC ID card
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.