Reports to: Assistant Manager Pairing and Distribution
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will design CX, KA & AHK Cockpit Crew and CX & KA Cabin Crew patterns as dedicated by meeting different companies' legal requirements, policies, and industrial agreements and meet the business objectives and cost criteria.
The job holder is responsible to support the development of various initiatives to optimize crew patterns efficiency and productivity
- Ensuring optimized Cockpit and Cabin Crew patterns are generated in accordance with legal, industrial, Company and training requirements and all flights included in the patterns are provided with appropriate crew coverage and within available crew resources.
- Obtaining finalized flight schedule from Planning and manpower plan from Long Term Manpower Planning team to ensure all Cockpit and Cabin Crew patterns are generated before roster production cycle starts.
- Maintaining close liaison with Planning and Long Term Manpower Planning, and act as the focal contact between Planning, Rostering & Global Business Services during roster production cycle for operating plan changes.
- Supporting Rostering and providing revisions to Cockpit and Cabin Hong Kong and Overseas patterns whenever necessary to meet schedule, manpower and training changes during roster production cycle.
- Arranging the delivery of hotel requirement to all outport offices, crew positioning without tickets & seat bookings are booked based on published roster image.
- Consolidating hotel requirement forecasts for contract negotiations.
- Assisting in forecasting crew outstation expenses, taken overseas base crew into account for next year budget operating schedule for CX & KA.
- Periodic reviewing and updating work schedule checklist and complete all items in a timely manner.
- Supporting initiatives by conducting analysis and providing data to support decision making process.
- Supporting all activities involving pairing and distribution under the CMP (Crew Management Programme).
- Develop teamwork and provide coaching to subordinates.
- Attend regular meetings.
- Ensure staff succession planning is in place.
- Ensure technical knowledge required.
- Duties and responsibilities as delegated by Pairing and Distribution Manager.
- Tertiary educated, preferably in aviation related subjects or disciplines.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Strong analytical aptitude and, preferably, a background in optimization activities.
- Excellent people management, negotiation and communication skills with strong analytical and logical mindset
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in crew resource management environment.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Organizational Understanding
- Planning and Organizing
- Coping with Pressure
Application deadline: 24 September 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.