Reports To: Senior Operations Engineer
The job holder will undertake aircraft performance, operations engineering and weight and balance tasks in meeting the regulatory safety and operational efficiency requirements.
- Provide aircraft performance data for Flight Crew Manuals, Computer Flight Planning system, oxygen compliance reports for the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD), and other documents.
- Evaluate and design flight procedures to mitigate noise levels during take-off and landing. Monitor noise and prevent infringements for Cathay Pacific Group destinations.
- Evaluate aircraft performance for airports and associated routes.
- Provide regular support to passenger and cargo planning teams on payload capability, fuel burn, and flight time studies in achieving commercial and operational goals.
- Provide forecast data for the annual fuel budget and analyze any discrepancies.
- Measure and report to management on fuel efficiency. Work with other departments (Planning, Procurement, Corporate Affairs, Finance, etc.) on fuel issues.
- Produce aircraft weight and CG index data to support the airport passenger and cargo loading systems.
- Implement manufacturers’ aircraft performance design changes for Cathay Pacific Group aircraft, to ensure operational safety and efficiency.
- Fly as an observer in revenue, delivery, and test flights to collect and analyze in-flight performance data for operational safety and efficiency.
- Develop professional knowledge in the aviation industry.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work with data/statistics.
- Computer literate with good programming skills.
- Candidates with more relevant experience may be considered for a higher position of Assistant Operations Engineer / Operations Engineer.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons