Reports To: Application Manager
This role is responsible for leading a very energetic team to design, build, test and deploy mobile applications and prototypes using Agile methodologies.
- Over-all development life cycle of mobile / tablet applications and prototypes using Agile methodologies
- Lead the team to develop the best technical design and approach for mobile/tablet application development
- Will lead to investigate mobile / tablet application design approaches, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work closely with the senior developers and architects to architect and develop the best technical design and approach for mobile/tablet applications
- Lead and manage internal and external development resources for assigned projects that are aligned with company strategic directions
- Participate in the Organization and planning of development schedules
- Assist development teams with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Empower the teams to self-organize; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Organise and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings with Scrum teams and stakeholders
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress; update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product, release, and sprint backlogs.
- Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritisation, team accountability, and visibility
- Assist with internal and external communication to provide transparency
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices; maintain process documentation
- Minimum 8 years experience in software development with at least 2 years Agile/Scrum experience and 3 - 4 years mobile application development experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- Solid knowledge of development methodologies specifically Agile/Scrum preferably Scrum Master experience
- Solid knowledge in SOA RESTful web services such as JSON
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern OO programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Objective C
- Development experience on any of existing leading mobile platforms such as Google Android, Windows Phone, Apple iOS.
- Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life as mobile/tablet applications
- Excellent in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohort
- Preferably having a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development
- Ability to work closely with developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons