At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- All Chinese mainland based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
- To actively support the Marketing Manager to coordinate local markets and agencies to plan and execute integrated communications campaigns to promote brand, products, services, fare promotion and other company stories with maximum positive impact in the GBA market.
- Proactively work with manager and with internal/external team to come up tangible Douyin strategy in Chinese Mainland Market.
- Support the development and execution of the marketing communications plan incorporating known initiatives from other business units ranging from brand, product, service, fare promotions, and other positive corporate stories
- Work closely with the GBA Business Development team and related sales teams to promote the awareness of Cathay intermodal offerings to grow sales
- Assist to develop local partnerships aligned with the global partnerships strategy to promote airline group’s brand in the region
- Review proposed local language and against local culture to flag cultural sensitivities when global and regional campaigns are applied locally as required
- Ensure local marketing collateral, e-collateral are prepared to suit local campaign and promotional needs
- Achieve all brand Key Performance Indicators for the area
- Utilise marketing activities to recruit Cathay members and gather consumer data to undertake initiatives to increase the engagement with Cathay members
- Actively promote new product and/or ancillary features to generate additional revenue
- Assist with the organisation of local sales and trade events as required
Douyin Account Management
- To closely collaborate with internal teams and agency/social media platforms/MCN partner to manage social projects and drive KPI to be delivered.
- Independently work with agency to form Douyin annual content plan and build up great social content on Douyin and leverage the social content to enlarge brand social influence
- Closely monitor Douyin and all short video platforms social sentiment towards Cathay Pacific and keep the team updated to ensure we have ample time to judge and manage the issues.
- Proactively collect information and data to identify consumers’ specific needs in travel lifestyle industry with strong understanding on all short video platforms, especially Douyin
- “Work with line manager to Identify and maintain a consistent and unique positioning or persona of Cathay Pacific on Douyin
- Develop brand social content annual plans, ideas and briefs on Douyin or other emerging platforms
- Identify the suitable hot social content topics/trends in line with brand tone & manner and business needs
- Closely monitor Cathay Pacific Douyin Official Account sentiment and work on the channel maintenance
- Adapt appropriate global social media contents for local use
- Independently lead and manage the appointed social media agency to ensure the qualified short video outputs and KPI in terms of engagement rate and fans base could be achieved
- Work closely with line manage to ensure all locally produced short video content is of superior quality, is on brand, and aligns with HKG direction
- Coordinate with HKG and different ports/departments to collect information & materials and drive alignment for social purpose
- Leverage social content to drive business, optimize content efficiency (e.g. ROI, CTR)
- Assist to collect regional market intelligence in association with competition analysis and consumer trend monitoring
- Search for and monitor potential reputational issues arising in the area and support the Marketing Manager for pre-emptive actions and risk mitigation
- Partner with agencies to effectively adapt global marketing materials to maximise market relevance and impact
- Prepare marketing briefs for local marketing materials / needs
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- A university degree in marketing, communications, business administration or a closely related discipline
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Douyin operation experience (including campaign-base and social platform operation) is a must
- Candidate with both in-house and agency experience will be an advantage, while not essential
- Solid experience in content creation or digital marketing
- Strong knowledge and understanding social content on Douyin and other short video platforms (short videos, livestream, KOL, MNC, etc.)
- Good at story telling with marketing sense
- Social media heavy user, digital savvy
- Strong knowledge towards travel and lifestyle industry
- Strong communication and cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Sense in business, Social E-commerce background will be a plus
- Language skills & proficiency: English and Mandarin (fluent written and spoken)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, ensuring speed to market whilst maintaining quality of work
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.